Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Love it so far, I use it for work, I own a wheel repair business, so it's towing a trailer 5 days a week and is my fun rig on the weekends. 7 months and 14k miles it's been great so far. Love this little diesel engine.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @Bagallthethings ,

We are located in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest Member Representative to you. @Munga Brown @Sandpoint Steve and @Slimpartywagon are also Northwest Member Representatives.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Northwest Washington Monthly Meetuphttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/nw-washington-reoccurring-meet-up.23663/

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

March 7 39th Annual Mike and Keys Hamfest in Puyallup, Washington gates open at 10:30. Ham testing, electronics swap meet, and food.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, September 4-7, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area. Also keep in touch with @Gabriel Bozeman as he is always got something up his sleeve.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Reactions: Bagallthethings

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Welcome, I just sold a house a couple years ago in Graham, moved to Yakima. Maybe we will see you on the BDR this year?

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

We hope to do the BDR this summer. I did about half of it last summer. Kind of depends on what happens with this whole virus thing really. I'm over on that side of the mountain quite often. We like to fish on the Yakima River down in the canyons. Great area for sure!

purdytj

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Tacoma, WA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7PXG
Welcome @Bagallthethings ,

We are located in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest Member Representative to you. @Munga Brown @Sandpoint Steve and @Slimpartywagon are also Northwest Member Representatives.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Northwest Washington Monthly Meetuphttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/nw-washington-reoccurring-meet-up.23663/

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

March 7 39th Annual Mike and Keys Hamfest in Puyallup, Washington gates open at 10:30. Ham testing, electronics swap meet, and food.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, September 4-7, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area. Also keep in touch with @Gabriel Bozeman as he is always got something up his sleeve.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative
I'll want to hear more about the Labor Day event!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'll want to hear more about the Labor Day event!
I will know more byJune... But Yes, NWOR might cause scheduling conflictions , as does the February flooding in Eastern Oregon and Washington which has closed most of the road systems into the area we were planning on holding the campout.
More than likely this will happen next year.

Reactions: purdytj

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Took a trip down to Oregon last weekend and picked up this Alu-Cab Explorer canopy from Mule, will make life easier for camping and daily life. Hopefully will have time to get the tent on at some point before summer ends and hit the woods for a bit. Also got a Prinsu rack on, Midwest overland industries hidden winch mount, some baja design lights, and a few other goodies to make life easier when out in the bush.

Also picked up a 2021.5 E-Pro with the offroad package. It doesnt have a ton of ground clearance, but its been up some pretty beat up FS roads.

224899928_10218527752936695_4737156140774645319_n.jpg
223701280_10218527754216727_7443919608949543694_n.jpg
211135545_10218419787557628_523602997235982841_n.jpg
204588467_10218361527821171_6889685561302839103_n (1).jpg
188047726_10218175745776736_1023923928719179551_n (1).jpg
189813068_10218175747216772_2605225951098359173_n.jpg

Offroaddemon

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Don
Last Name
Schell
Alright so iv been curious about how capable these zr2 's really are I mean factory they look pretty good!! I'm an actual certified gm tech I work at a dealership and man these things seem to have a horrible track record for being broken.... so how are they on the trails in real world use I only get to hear the angry customer that just got towed in opinion and it's not good lmao

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Alright so iv been curious about how capable these zr2 's really are I mean factory they look pretty good!! I'm an actual certified gm tech I work at a dealership and man these things seem to have a horrible track record for being broken.... so how are they on the trails in real world use I only get to hear the angry customer that just got towed in opinion and it's not good lmao
Well I picked mine up July of 2019 with 121 miles on it. Fully loaded diesel. About a month later, cel light came on, was back at dealer 5 times including them keeping it and waiting for a gm engineer to fly in and look at it. Ended up being a short in the wire that goes to the outside temp sensor. About a year later, the emissions system took a shit and had it replaced. Other than that, no major issues. I've got 52k very hard miles on the truck now. It's my work truck, so it tows a overloaded trailer 5 days a week, and then I best the piss out of it on the weekends in the mountain. I've gotten stuck one time I couldn't get myself out of, which was in snow, on stock tires. Snow was up past the bow tie on the grille. The only thing I havnt done with it, is taken it to the dunes, but that will come this spring. I think they would benefit with a bigger tire, but with my towing, I stick to factory tire size for now. I've got friends with Tacomas and 4runners, and I've gotten more places than all of them.

Attachments

Reactions: Offroaddemon

Offroaddemon

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Don
Last Name
Schell
Well I picked mine up July of 2019 with 121 miles on it. Fully loaded diesel. About a month later, cel light came on, was back at dealer 5 times including them keeping it and waiting for a gm engineer to fly in and look at it. Ended up being a short in the wire that goes to the outside temp sensor. About a year later, the emissions system took a shit and had it replaced. Other than that, no major issues. I've got 52k very hard miles on the truck now. It's my work truck, so it tows a overloaded trailer 5 days a week, and then I best the piss out of it on the weekends in the mountain. I've gotten stuck one time I couldn't get myself out of, which was in snow, on stock tires. Snow was up past the bow tie on the grille. The only thing I havnt done with it, is taken it to the dunes, but that will come this spring. I think they would benefit with a bigger tire, but with my towing, I stick to factory tire size for now. I've got friends with Tacomas and 4runners, and I've gotten more places than all of them.
Well that great to hear yea I have had 2 myself had to have a engine come out and look at it one was a diesel with 2200 miles on it had a cracked piston!! And the other was every light on the dash was on and had 47 doc's ended up being the power steering control module but that's great glad yours is doing awsome