Traveler I

Buffalo, NY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pope
Member #

Hi all!

Recently became a permanent remote worker with nothing other than my job really tying me to where I am. So I'm transitioning from a backpacking tent to a rooftop tent over the bed of my F-150 and going where the breeze (And cell phone service) takes me.

I know I'll be heading to Gulf Coast TX (Corpus Christi) soon to visit family before working my way back up the coast to Buffalo for the holidays.

I hope to run into fellow members during my travels and try and attend some get togethers as well if / when they happen.

-T.J.

Last edited:

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi all!

Recently became a permanent remote worker with nothing other than my job really tying me to where I am. So I'm transitioning from a backpacking tent to a rooftop tent over the bed of my F-150 and going where the breeze (And cell phone service) takes me.

I know I'll be heading to Gulf Coast TX (Corpus Christi) soon to visit family before working my way back up the coast to Buffalo for the holidays.

I hope to run into fellow members during my travels and try and attend some get togethers as well if / when they happen.
Welcome to the Overland Bound community Tim. Glad to have you join us.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

-T.J.
Welcome to Overland Bound T.J.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Full Time Member Representatives are @Magic Mike & @Kelly
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Vagabond.Explorer

Traveler I

Buffalo, NY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pope
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound T.J.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Full Time Member Representatives are @Magic Mike & @Kelly
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Thanks for the links Kent! I'll be sure to check everything out.

-T.J.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Thanks Mike, I see you're the TX rep... I'll be spending most of the rest of the year into next spring in TX. Perhaps we'll run into each other at some point. Any must see places or must do activities you can suggest?
Snows BBQ | Voted Best BBQ in Texas by Texas Monthly ...
https://snowsbbq.com

Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center

Texas State Hwy 87:

Padre Island National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service) Padre Island

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Galveston Island and

Reactions: Vagabond.Explorer

Traveler I

Buffalo, NY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pope
Member #

Sounds awesome. Welcome to Overland Bound. If you come through the Scranton PA area on your way north look me up.
Dave, one of my Uncles just bought some land outside of Scranton. I'll probably be out that way next summer for a while as I'm able to use it as a basecamp to explore the surrounding area. Hopefully I'll remember and send you a PM for some suggestions on where to visit!

Snows BBQ | Voted Best BBQ in Texas by Texas Monthly ...
https://snowsbbq.com

Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center

Texas State Hwy 87:

Padre Island National Seashore (U.S. National Park Service) Padre Island

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Galveston Island and
Thanks Vance! I'm actually heading down to North Padre to start as my Uncle lives there. I'll be staying at PAIS for a week or two as I love the place and have to camp there for a bit every time I visit. The beach drive down to South Padre is awesome as well. I've added the other places to my map as interesting places to stop. The washed out and not quite there anymore part of 87 sounds really cool. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: Dave Snyder