Enthusiast I

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Lea
Member #

Hi, All.

Greetings from a newbie in Virginia. I grew up in Tennessee, spending my adolescence there and in western North Carolina enjoying the outdoors--backpacking, paddling, general high-adventure activities. I now have a young and growing family, and I'm trying to plan for the type of travel and experiences that my parents were fortunate enough to share with me. Adventure travel over land seems like the best way to combine family time, outdoor experience, and the opportunity to explore this beautiful earth and its history.

We're based in Virgina (for now and for a while, I hope), but we're formally from Georgia, Tennessee, and the Netherlands (would love to take the "rig" over to Europe at some point). We have a 5th gen. Toyota 4Runner and almost no experience with overlanding. We're in it for the "long-game"--we're not in a rush, we're eager to learn, and we're ready to get out there.

It's nice to e-meet everyone, and I hope to see you around.

Kind regards.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, All.

Greetings from a newbie in Virginia. I grew up in Tennessee, spending my adolescence there and in western North Carolina enjoying the outdoors--backpacking, paddling, general high-adventure activities. I now have a young and growing family, and I'm trying to plan for the type of travel and experiences that my parents were fortunate enough to share with me. Adventure travel over land seems like the best way to combine family time, outdoor experience, and the opportunity to explore this beautiful earth and its history.

We're based in Virgina (for now and for a while, I hope), but we're formally from Georgia, Tennessee, and the Netherlands (would love to take the "rig" over to Europe at some point). We have a 5th gen. Toyota 4Runner and almost no experience with overlanding. We're in it for the "long-game"--we're not in a rush, we're eager to learn, and we're ready to get out there.

Kind regards.
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Grlea

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi, All.

Kind regards.
Hi there,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Grlea

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Lea
Member #

Hi there,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Hi, Paul and Nicky!

It's wonderful to connect through OB. I may have alluded in my initial post but we lived in Europe for a few years and really miss it. We lived in the Netherlands, but we have a real heart for France. Thanks so much for saying hello.

Kind regards.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi, All.

Kind regards.
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Reactions: Grlea

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, All.

Kind regards.
Hello Graham, welcome to Overland Bound.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

@Grlea, as a former resident of Tennessee, have you visited Cumberland Falls? Were you able to see the moonbow? I’m considering a quick trip down there in May; any suggestions for things to do/see in the area are welcome and appreciated!

Grlea

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Lea
Member #

@Grlea, as a former resident of Tennessee, have you visited Cumberland Falls? Were you able to see the moonbow? I’m considering a quick trip down there in May; any suggestions for things to do/see in the area are welcome and appreciated!
Yeah, I'm not sure of a Cumberland Falls in Tennessee. I know of one in Kentucky, I think--but I've not been. Fall Creek Falls is great. Foster Falls is cool. You should definitely check out Big South Fork. Savage Gulf. Stone Door. The Hiawassee and Ocoee rivers.

Reactions: ZombieCat

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Graham, Warm welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF