Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Been lurking the Facebook page for a while and decided to join up. Current rig is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It's not a real Jeep I know, but you gotta start somewhere. I don't overland per say, I just like exploring the woods roads and trails in NS. Looking forward to learning a lot, and hopefully get some ideas for my rig.

Attachments

Reactions: Steve

Ant1-Hero

Rank 0

Traveler I

Been lurking the Facebook page for a while and decided to join up. Current rig is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It's not a real Jeep I know, but you gotta start somewhere. I don't overland per say, I just like exploring the woods roads and trails in NS. Looking forward to learning a lot, and hopefully get some ideas for my rig.
Hey I live in Dartmouth an am trying to get into overlanding, there isn't much for resources here or which access roads to check out, any recommendations?

Reactions: dolli310

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hey I live in Dartmouth an am trying to get into overlanding, there isn't much for resources here or which access roads to check out, any recommendations?
Ant1 I recommend that you use a good Topo app for a surf tablet and start driving the coastal roads, exploring those gravel exits that look less used. You'll be amazed what you'll discover. Back home (Cape Breton) we did it a lot when we were growing up but back then we had paper maps. :tonguewink:

Todd

Reactions: dolli310

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

TrailDodo310 Welcome to the forum, nice to see a few more Maritime OB members.

Todd.
Thank-you Mr. Jackson. It's been fun for sure. If you ever see a KL Trailhawk running on Toyo Open Countries, it's probably mine xD.

Ant1 I recommend that you use a good Topo app for a surf tablet and start driving the coastal roads, exploring those gravel exits that look less used. You'll be amazed what you'll discover. Back home (Cape Breton) we did it a lot when we were growing up but back then we had paper maps. :tonguewink:

Todd
There's a great set of map books out called, Backcountry Maps. Not as detailed as a TOPO map app, good enough for a quick reference. Got one for NS/PEI and the Rock. Ant1, ultimately it'll come down to what you have for a vehicle too.