Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Im talking sub-zero temps. Just something to be aware of thats all.
The lowest temps I usually camp in don't get any lower than 5°. The snow helps out a lot like insulation as well. I was sweating my ass off in there. I'm sure it would have been a lot colder in my tent if there was no snow and the temps were still super low. My buddy on the far right had a cheap cot and no pad and he said he froze his ass off all night. The look on his face when I walked out of my tent in just my boxers was priceless.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Big110

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Portland, Maine
Member #

The lowest temps I usually camp in don't get any lower than 5°. The snow helps out a lot like insulation as well. I was sweating my ass off in there. I'm sure it would have been a lot colder in my tent if there was no snow and the temps were still super low. My buddy on the far right had a cheap cot and no pad and he said he froze his ass off all night. The look on his face when I walked out of my tent in just my boxers was priceless.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
hahahahhahhah thats awesome. Its amazing what a little snow and airspace can do to keep you cozy!

Marcus Ortega

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

I was out camping in June lake this pass weekend. I had the big Agnes on my cot the first night but it was a little too much. I traded it out for my smaller thermorest pad the next night and it was absolutely perfect.

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Marcus Ortega

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

Can the Helinox cot be used in a tent without causing damage to the tent floor? I love the idea of a cot and this one with the low profile calls to me.
It has rubber rounded feet, so there's no real danger to the floor. I lay a blanket on my tent floor as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

m1ke

Rank 0

Traveler I

I like my set up.

VW eurovan MV. The back seat folds in to a queen size bed.

I got a 1" memory foam mattress topper and a -18oC double canvas sleeping bag. I keep a few 100% wool blankets in the van for extra warmth if I need it while winter camping. I have some travel pillows but if I know I'm going out for the weekend I just grab full sized ones from the spare bedroom. The front passenger seat swivels round to give more room and makes getting change in the morning easy.

The beauty of having a van is being able to bring everything I need to be comfortable. I sleep better in the van than I do at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk