Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

That Helinox cot is super comfortable... I still haven't gotten the hang on how to dismantle the SOB, but WOW - super tight and roomy. I've only used it a handful of times with a Slumberjack Country Squire Zero bag, they've all been quality night's sleep.
Hahaha. I had the same problem. Just lean on the the handle where you palm is when holding the tabs and it should snap off easy. I kept putting pressure on the cot itself at first and it wasn't working. Once I put it on its side and put pressure on the leg it was easy

Reactions: RaggedViking

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Hahaha. I had the same problem. Just lean on the the handle where you palm is when holding the tabs and it should snap off easy. I kept putting pressure on the cot itself at first and it wasn't working. Once I put it on its side and put pressure on the leg it was easy
I just need to master it! Do you do it in any particular order? For me the middle always sticks - and I remind myself to take off the middle first or second when breaking it down, but for some reason I never remember until I only have the middle left..

Marcus Ortega

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

I just need to master it! Do you do it in any particular order? For me the middle always sticks - and I remind myself to take off the middle first or second when breaking it down, but for some reason I never remember until I only have the middle left..
I just go from one side to the other. With pressure on the leg my cot release's smooth

Reactions: RaggedViking

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have a very similar system for lightweight sleeping, I use the Q-Core SL, and a good bag, however I haven't yet tried the cot. Its on list to pick up this year. The Q-Core is the best inflatable mat on the market period.

Marcus Ortega

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

I have a very similar system for lightweight sleeping, I use the Q-Core SL, and a good bag, however I haven't yet tried the cot. Its on list to pick up this year. The Q-Core is the best inflatable mat on the market period.
The mat is definitely great even without the cot, but with the cot I feel like I'm sleeping on clouds.

Reactions: RiverCityDave

Marcus Ortega

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Ortega
Member #