Gobi rack vs. Front runner rack

• HTML tutorial

Southernoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Louisiana
Member #

I have a 2016 2 door jeep jk hard top. And I am trying to decide which roof rack to go with. A Gobi stealth rack or a Front Runner rack. Just looking for some outside opinions. Any advice is appreciated.

Lazy Turtle

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Wilmer, Al. 36587
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4PLW
Gobi racks are super, don't know but heard good things about Front Runners also. Just think what you want from your rack - cost vs use. Also be aware that Gobi has a long lead time from order to receiving 12-16 weeks. Mine was worth it at 19 weeks had an issue with shop i ordered from not sending payment when requested to Gobi. Gobi's customer service helped me straighten it out. Side.jpg

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I don’t think you can go wrong either way. Do you want to wait? Or do you want to cut holes in your hardtop? Those are the big questions between the two. Both companies have excellent customer service.
I have the Frontrunner. It works good for me. There is a ton of accessories for it, all very well made.
0B120183-9AAA-4C1E-B57E-D6AD83B52996.jpeg

Southernoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Louisiana
Member #

Gobi racks are super, don't know but heard good things about Front Runners also. Just think what you want from your rack - cost vs use. Also be aware that Gobi has a long lead time from order to receiving 12-16 weeks. Mine was worth it at 19 weeks had an issue with shop i ordered from not sending payment when requested to Gobi. Gobi's customer service helped me straighten it out. View attachment 65309
I really appreciate the input! Nice rig!

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

This decision is completely up to you.

I went with the Gobi rack since they are genuine looking safari racks with loads of purpose. These Gobi racks can be found used online for about half the price sometimes if you are lucky. I found my Gobi used (2 years old) for $700.00. Saved 60% + on the rack and accessories and all I had to do was sand down and refinish the A-Piller plates.

Both are solid platforms but if you want to really stand out go for the Gobi in my opinion.

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 2.27.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 1.52.57 PM.png