SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Is TP2 an efficiency or durability rating?

Was slightly disappointed on the amount of space in my second battery compartment was only able to fit a group 34 battery as i don’t plan on getting rid of the outter bracket bolt down area

After don’t know how many trips to the store mapping out the detailed schematic first is the way to go have $170 worth of 4 gauge wire that i need to find a home for due to lack of detailed planning
TP2 is the GM RPO code for the oem dual battery setup. About half of wiring is in there, but there are still some connections to make between various engine/chassis/midbody harnesses and to the solenoid and all that other stuff.

Drmiller100

Rank 0

Contributor I

Boise ID
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Miller
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke7ixe
I built my own second tray and put in a group 79 in. 80 amp hour. I used a constant duty solenoid and ran it off the windshield wiper keyed hot wire.

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

TP2 is the GM RPO code for the oem dual battery setup. About half of wiring is in there, but there are still some connections to make between various engine/chassis/midbody harnesses and to the solenoid and all that other stuff.
Well Rho i guess i will be gracefully exiting the GMT800 platform forum after accident and put time, energy and money into my 2017 Ram1500 Sport :-(

Attachments

{Nate10920}

Rank III

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
H
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Just joined up a few days ago. Still waiting on my member number in the mail.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. Just bought a 2020 Chevy 1500/V8, short bed crew cab, 4x4.
I don't plan on doing any major rock crawling, but I would lake to take it off the beaten path for some overlanding adventuring.
I'll probably need all the guidance I can get! haha

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
That sucks! Sorry to see that.
I'm still getting use to driving my truck. It's definitely heavier and tight turns aren't its specialty. I think I know what people mean now when they talk about body roll.
It rolled 3 times. Fortunately @TxasYukonXL only received a scratched finger.

• Wow
Reactions: {Nate10920}

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Dang! Was that an off road accident?
As Rex said a bit too hot in the curve go spooked by a car coming around a blind curve jerked the wheel and over corrected ...

Was really glad i was with the Overland guys who helped me out and to get home in one piece

Well my 2017 Ram Sport Crew Cab has moved up into duty may look at trailer camper and just my truck when flying solo

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Recovered the battery from my truck and decided to go with a smart battery box may not be a bad idea as you guys gives you the ability to move between vehicles... using a battery charger i already had recharge with post on the box so you don’t have to remove the battery and box has 1 USB and 1 12v built in...

Attachments

Reactions: rho

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Recovered the battery from my truck and decided to go with a smart battery box may not be a bad idea as you guys gives you the ability to move between vehicles... using a battery charger i already had recharge with post on the box so you don’t have to remove the battery and box has 1 USB and 1 12v built in...
I've given some thought to a battery box but with the OEM tray and the ease of just putting a second batt in the truck, I'm just going to do that. and I have a bunch of the parts already to do so...

In other news I'm always impressed at what we can do in our truck. It manages to be a great platform, especially in a the short wheelbase versions.

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

Well Rho i guess i will be gracefully exiting the GMT800 platform forum after accident and put time, energy and money into my 2017 Ram1500 Sport :-(
About 1yr later to the date The Ram has officially now replaced the Yukon as the Adventure Vehicle still miss the Yukon XL

Attachments

Reactions: Sparksalot