Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Back in 1998 we took our first trip up to the Gaspe’ Peninsula in Quebec. That was an exciting time and our first long range tour. We were overpacked and a couple of stumblebums. After a few years we began heading west, and usually end up in the 4 corner region. We’d always get amped back then before those tours. However, over the decades we’ve gone so often, ( I’ve lost count ) , that we didn’t have to do very much in the way of prepping or planning, just go. The excitement diminished, it became our regular addiction fix. This time? Yikes! All the prepping including, new rear wheel bearings, part time 4wd kit with manual lockout hubs, new tires, new coolant hoses, fluid changes all around, along with gathering spare electrical ignition parts & new rear springs is getting me amped up. A lot of parts just aren’t old enough to replace yet, after all it’s only just another 12,000 miles on my 27 year old vehicle. I used to drive that in a month. Our traveling companions will be in their 30 year old vehicle. My BIL will be in his 3 year old vehicle. We are concerned for him. The planning? Go with the flow, meet up in N.Dakota, get to Montana, and head north, north for as far as one can drive on the planet earth. Did I mention I’m getting pretty amped up.