Georgia (Mainly North GA and Nearby) : Events, Rides, Reports, Discussion, Help, Inspiration

• HTML tutorial

jeepfreakedc

Rank IV

Traveler III

Woodstock, Georgia, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Tree
Member #

Hello,
New member living in Blue Ridge. I'm currently driving a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and a 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 Stepside w/ a manual.

I'm heading to the West on September 7 for a month long solo trip. I have no itinerary, I'm just going to wing it.

I don't have any pictures of my Jeep but here's my Ranger
View attachment 206380

I built a shop next to the house to start a project, I just can't figure out what I want to build.
View attachment 206381

Scott
That's a heck of a shop there! I know who to call next time I need some room to work on some mods!

Reactions: OldManJack

WannFly

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Dacula, GA, USA
First Name
Priyo
Last Name
NAN
Member #

Hello everyone, Priyo from Dacula, GA. very new to this overlanding thing. Interested in some group events or going on trails with other experienced folks and learn something new. as far as rig, currently driving a 2019 RAM 1500, bone stock with mall crawling 22 inch rims and stock tires. so essentially sticking to established campgrounds and forest roads. last week made a trip to Balsam mountain campground in Smoky and ran through some FS roads. its amazing what street tires on a bone stock truck would do. Another trip planned for Oct 16-17 to Cosby campground and exploring the area.

impatiently waiting for my '21 Jeep Rubi 4Xe

20211001_221028242_iOS.jpg

soarvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford, GA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone, Priyo from Dacula, GA. very new to this overlanding thing. Interested in some group events or going on trails with other experienced folks and learn something new. as far as rig, currently driving a 2019 RAM 1500, bone stock with mall crawling 22 inch rims and stock tires. so essentially sticking to established campgrounds and forest roads. last week made a trip to Balsam mountain campground in Smoky and ran through some FS roads. its amazing what street tires on a bone stock truck would do. Another trip planned for Oct 16-17 to Cosby campground and exploring the area.

impatiently waiting for my '21 Jeep Rubi 4Xe

View attachment 211837
Welcome aboard! Great looking truck.

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
My name is Jack aka OldManJack. My wife and I live in the far south east corner of Pickens County, near Marble Hill. Closest big towns are Ball Ground, Jasper, Canton and Cumming.

Retired military. My wife and I are about to embark on a long trip south and west. We’d love to meet some folks in the North Georgia area.

I own a 2014 Toyota Tacoma DCSWB. James Baroud EVO Tent, 270° Awning & Shower Awning.

Interested in all things Overland.

Attachments

Last edited:

soarvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford, GA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
My name is Jack aka OldManJack. My wife and I live in the far south east corner of Pickens County, near Marble Hill. Closest big towns are Ball Ground, Jasper, Canton and Cumming.

Retired military. My wife and I are about to embark on a long trip south and west. We’d love to meet some folks in the North Georgia area.

I own a 2014 Toyota Tacoma DCSWB. James Baroud EVO Tent, 270° Awning & Shower Awning.

Interested in all things Overland.
Welcome aboard. Nice looking rig. Safe travels on your trip.

Reactions: OldManJack

Western

Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

Sunday is November’s edition of Skottles and Bottles at Sweetwater Brewing. Starts at 12, Overlander Hangout and talk rigs. I will be there along with my buddy Josh Pruitt in his lifted ‘20 Forester who is also a OB member. If you’re local to Johns Creek/ Alpharetta/ Duluth, join us at the QT on Old Milton Parkway by 9:40 to roll down to the event!

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Sunday is November’s edition of Skottles and Bottles at Sweetwater Brewing. Starts at 12, Overlander Hangout and talk rigs. I will be there along with my buddy Josh Pruitt in his lifted ‘20 Forester who is also a OB member. If you’re local to Johns Creek/ Alpharetta/ Duluth, join us at the QT on Old Milton Parkway by 9:40 to roll down to the event!
Thanks so much Jeff for the invite! I really appreciate it. Sunday's from 9:00 to noon I'm at church in Cumming. I'd like to get together though maybe some other time and location. I'm thinking about heading up to Tents and Tires in Hiawassee GA on New Years Day; possibly then?

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Hello,
New member living in Blue Ridge. I'm currently driving a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and a 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 Stepside w/ a manual.

I'm heading to the West on September 7 for a month long solo trip. I have no itinerary, I'm just going to wing it.

I don't have any pictures of my Jeep but here's my Ranger
View attachment 206380

I built a shop next to the house to start a project, I just can't figure out what I want to build.
View attachment 206381

Scott
I love the "I'm just going to wing it" phrase. I agree.

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

Is there an active OB community in the metro Atlanta and surrounding area? I just joined the forums and everything for Georgia appears very quiet despite a good number on the members map.

Reactions: cgranier

cracker0925

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Georgia, USA
First Name
nick
Last Name
chapman
Member #

To be honest, I’ve had this app on my phone for several years now this is the first time I’ve seen people talk, maybe I had my notification set wrong or something but I’m glad to see there’s people using this app 

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Started this thread to find more like minded peeps to discuss our hobby, share ideas, inspire each other, help each other, share Adventures, and possibly get together.

I won't lie that setting up "outings" scares the "BeeGeeZus" out of me because the last time I tried to find a couple peeps to ride with, 45+ rigs showed up which made for a challenging and truthfully not so fun time in the woods hahaha!

Anyway, maybe now that the OB community is growing and this app has been up and running for a bit we can get this North GA OB Community moving.