Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
I have been working on this trail a little here and a little there. So far I have done the Florida border to Lakeland, GA and the Enigma, GA (Hwy 82) to Rochelle, GA (Hwy 280). Each of these sections took about 1.5-2hours. Good Clay graded roads and some soft sandy roads. All done in the comfort of the 2015 Subaru Forrester. Dry as a bone. Only obstacles were navigation and downed limbs in some of the roads. Some of the sandier roads had pretty deep ruts, but nothing bad. Hopefully I can get some time over the summer to take full day/overnight trips to cover bigger portions.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

I’d be interested in doing this. I live in NWF near Pensacola.

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4OSP
I forgot to update that I navigated as my wife drove the Lakeland to Enigma Section. It took about 1.25 hours. Some nice long dirt roads. She got some good experience with AWD and sand. Roads ranged from washboard to sugary sand. No mud cause we haven’t had much rain. Hopefully headed up to some of the more Middle GA sections soon.

Reactions: Vman1313 Adventures

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Hey guys! Sorry I didnt see this thread earlier. Yes, I created The GAT in hopes of having a North to South route. The route is nothing hard UNLESS IT RAINS, then GA Red Clay (and WHITE CLAY) gets unpredictable. I am on version #2 but have asked to not make the file public just YET because I want to take kinks, closures, and any other major problems out before making public. Too many crazies go around gates or thru private property which ruins it for eveyrone. I am hoping Verison 3 or psosibly 4 will go public on January 1, 2020....HOPEFULLY!!!

Hit me up on FB for GPX File.

Please Post Problems, Questions, and/or Pics Here...Illkeep an eye out.

Be Safe, Be Respectful, & Happy Trails

EDIT: GO HERE FOR INFO AND GPX FILE....https://sites.google.com/view/vman1313

Last edited:

Pkins44

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Sarasota, FL, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Kinsella
I’m new here but I am leaving for a trip on Saturday from Wisconsin to Florida. I thought this would be a good break from the freeway before I finish in Sarasota.

Is this something an f150 with ATs can accomplish?
Is there a good place to get directions for the trip?
Does anyone else want to go?

thanks
Patrick

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

My brother and I should be getting to the northern trailhead this evening . We will
Keep everyone posted
Keep us posted I would like to try this out some time soon. Good luck and have fun.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

We had a really great time on the Georgia Adventure Trail! This was just a scouting trip for us in preparation for a future trip I'll be leading. I took my dad and brothers who have never done anything like this before and two other friends. My rig was down for the count so my dad's Silverado would have to do.... and it did great! My Brother threw together a short video to recap the adventure... Just cell phone videos and some goofiness. Get out there and adventure! The GAT is amazing! - Get Busy Living!

No idea how to embed the video but here is the Youtube video we made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRI7kWyGEI

Last edited:

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Hey Guys...Vman1313 creator of TheGAT here! I am sorry I dont make it on here much. Thanks for the continued interest and feedback on TheGAT. Below is a link to my FB page if you wish to get more uptodate news about it plus I have some more Adventure Trails almost ready to be made public.

EDIT:
GO HERE FOR FACEBOOK PAGE and LINK TO DOWNLOAD......Facebook Groups
OR GO HERE FOR INFO AND GPX FILE....https://sites.google.com/view/vman1313

Last edited: