Gaia to OnX Off-Road vs OnX Hunt - National Forest Maps? Confused…

• HTML tutorial

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

My Gaia GPS 5 yr membership ends soon. I was intrigued to play on my daughter’s phone with her OnX Off-Road app, with the premium (not elite) subscription. I was looking at the web site and it showed all sorts of layers one can add to the map, like the National Forest Maps. However, we could not seem to figure out how to load any of that on her phone. After mucking around their confusing web site, I am thinking that feature may only be available in OnX Hunt and NOT in the OnX Off-Road app. Would I really need TWO subscriptions to get those nice map features and overlays? Seems like a possible deal breaker for me. Thoughts? I really like having all the overlay maps in Gaia. Will I just have to cough up the big bucks to keep them?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
OnX Offroad had 3 maps types, Sat, Topo and Hybrid and there are a couple toggles for I believe ownership (who owns the land) and fire. I couldbe off on the toggles as I have not looked in awhile. This is on an iPhone.

I do not see me getting Elite again, do not need to see owners and boundary of properties......

Here is a comparison of the 3 types of OnX Offroad : onX Offroad App Pricing & Options

Jim