Fully Enclosed rooms for 180 awnings

• HTML tutorial

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I'm doing some research on what types of awning rooms are out there, and was wondering if there are any fully enclosed 180 batwing awnings?

This would be like the standard ARB awning/room but for a batwing.

I would think that deploying the batwing would make setup/takedown faster along with more coverage. And with the current sale right now, the OVS 180 is not far off from the standard ARB offering.

Are only wind break walls available for batwing style awnings? Or has anyone tried adding an enclosed room? If no one has attempted it, I may try to hang the ARB room from a 180 batwing if the dimensions line up. The sides on the new style ARB awning zip out of the way so it allows a passthrough.

My goals are speed to put up and tear down along with usable living space, so in my mind this checks some of those boxes (at least on paper).

bjohnson2607

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Johnson
Not quite a 180 batwing but FSR makes a 270 awning which has a fully enclosed annex room available. It even comes with a floor. Sets up super fast. We have it on our truck.

Reactions: 13XSPX

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Looks amazing! I didn't find that on my searches and ended up with the ironman4x4 awning and room combo. I also added the disconnects and poles to make it freestanding if needed. I'll see how it does, may go back to my hunt for a batwing like yours.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I have an ARB awning with a tent/screen room that connects to it. I have a 180 batwing with shade walls but have yet to see a batwing/tent enclosure with floors.

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I'm doing some research on what types of awning rooms are out there, and was wondering if there are any fully enclosed 180 batwing awnings?

This would be like the standard ARB awning/room but for a batwing.

I would think that deploying the batwing would make setup/takedown faster along with more coverage. And with the current sale right now, the OVS 180 is not far off from the standard ARB offering.

Are only wind break walls available for batwing style awnings? Or has anyone tried adding an enclosed room? If no one has attempted it, I may try to hang the ARB room from a 180 batwing if the dimensions line up. The sides on the new style ARB awning zip out of the way so it allows a passthrough.

My goals are speed to put up and tear down along with usable living space, so in my mind this checks some of those boxes (at least on paper).
Embarking on a 5 days tour from marrakech is a journey through the enchanting tapestry of Morocco. This adventure begins in the bustling streets of Marrakech, where the medina's vibrant markets and historic landmarks captivate the senses. From there, the landscape transforms as you venture into the Atlas Mountains, offering picturesque valleys and traditional Berber villages. The journey continues through arid deserts, historical kasbahs, and ancient oases, immersing you in the diverse terrain of the country. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to ride camels across the golden sands, witness magnificent sunsets, and experience the warmth of Berber hospitality. This 5-day tour provides a glimpse into Morocco's rich culture, stunning landscapes, and centuries-old traditions, leaving you with enduring memories of this captivating North African nation.
Anyone have a 180 or 270 degree awning mounted? Would like the pros and cons you have found.

13XSPX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brunswick, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I have the ARB awning with the box room and we love it but I am for sure interested in a 180 or 270 full room.
With_ARB.jpgWith_ARB_2.jpg

Reactions: jeepers29

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

As intriguing and neat as those look, when I consider adding one it seems like it would be such a PITA to put up and take down. I had one for an RV and hated putting it up. It just makes camping too complicated. But, I guess if you sleep in it…