skorea2131

Rank I

Contributor II

USA
First Name
John
Last Name
For
I'm currently full timing with my dog in a 30' travel trailer. I'm looking to downsize to something that I can take with me to some trails around me on the weekends while still being big enough to live full time in. I don't plan to full off road in it, but some fire trails and forest service trails are something I'm looking for it to be capable to tackle.

Some of the main trailers that have caught my eye are the Winnebago Micro Minnie 1720FB, the Jayco Feather Micro 171BH, the Keystone OBX, and the RPod 171.

Does anyone have experience with any of these trailers, or have any suggestions on similar trailers to look into?

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I dont have experience with those. I have a Black series HQ19 (26') that I full time in and love it. I have taken it down trailer that I probably shoudlnt have but it handled very well and is likely able to do than im comortable with. I have done a lot of research into the Imperial Outdoors trailers and they also look very good, They where my first choice but would have been a 6 month wait at the time.

skorea2131

Rank I

Contributor II

USA
First Name
John
Last Name
For
I dont have experience with those. I have a Black series HQ19 (26') that I full time in and love it. I have taken it down trailer that I probably shoudlnt have but it handled very well and is likely able to do than im comortable with. I have done a lot of research into the Imperial Outdoors trailers and they also look very good, They where my first choice but would have been a 6 month wait at the time.
I'd love to have a black series, unfortunately I can't afford that. I should have mentioned that my budget is under $35k.

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got it. Much lower of a budget that I was working with. Im sure if its Lite offroading those wouldnt have struggles on most forrest roads. depending on where you are at. ID forest roads can be rough.

skorea2131

Rank I

Contributor II

USA
First Name
John
Last Name
For
Got it. Much lower of a budget that I was working with. Im sure if its Lite offroading those wouldnt have struggles on most forrest roads. depending on where you are at. ID forest roads can be rough.
I'm active duty, don't make a whole lot :tearsofjoy:. I'm in central NC, some small hills but not a whole lot of technical terrain.

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I'm active duty, don't make a whole lot :tearsofjoy:. I'm in central NC, some small hills but not a whole lot of technical terrain.
I have been there, I understand. NC shouldnt be too bad, Ive done a few trails out there. In my experiece its the mud that will get you more than anything.