Rank I

Enthusiast I

Magna, Utah
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Walters
Hey everyone,

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra extended cab pick up and I’m thinking I’d like to modify it a little bit to better suit some harder offroad adventures.

Already done:
4”-6” lift
35” tires
Full sized spare
Custom rear bumper spare swing out
Bed mounted tool box
Prerunner style front bumper

Wanted done:
I’d really like to modify or add to my existing NFAB Prerunner style front tube bumper. Problem being, not sure what kind of look I really like.

Asking for some advice, reference pictures or design cues to pay attention to. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Is the pre runner hoop weld on or bolt on?
If bolt on why not put it on and see if you like it? If weld on just tack it on and step back see if you like it if not either unbolt it or knock off the tack welds and grind it back down.
The other questions are, is your grille taking a beating from tall grass and tree branches? Do you have some spot lights you want to mount up front? A hoop is a great way to do it.

RustyGoldz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Magna, Utah
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Walters
Boostpowered

I’d like for the hoop to be welded on but a boot on might make more sense for mock up.

I don’t have any lights on hand to spec positioning or sizing yet. I’d like to run some KC product.

The grill has had some branches come in contact with it but not a super common occurrence since I haven’t been out as much as I’d like.