GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I modified my mount that was in my 2007 Ram for my 2020 Ram. The rear door is wider and it works better. Since the platform is on the load flat floor I don't really need to slide it out to access the items inside. It does make it easier to install/remove the fridge in the truck.

View attachment 181510 View attachment 181511
I like that setup and it makes me wish the rear seating wasn't a major flaw in the Rangers. The seats don't fold all the way up or all the way down.

Reactions: Brewbud

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I like that setup and it makes me wish the rear seating wasn't a major flaw in the Rangers. The seats don't fold all the way up or all the way down.
I think that is why the rear seat delete is so popular with those trucks.

Boort

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I think that is why the rear seat delete is so popular with those trucks.

Boort
I'd love to do that, but I need my rear seats. They're great for the dogs and when I've got guests to take out to the lake cabin. I'm going to just make sure I get a 'fridge/freezer cooler that will fit on the seat and that I can still open the lid to get into it.

Reactions: Boort

nooberlander

Rank 0

Contributor I

SW Ohio
First Name
Brian
Last Name
James
This is my Iceco VL35-52. It expands from a 35qt to 52qt by changing the lid configuration. It goes up not out. Bought it this fall and have not had a chance to use it yet. But I’m excited about the options for a weekend cooler to a week long fridge
are you still happy with it? DOes it really keep the stuff on the bottom frozen? I love the footprint, but having trouble trusting the notion that the bottom is a freezer without actually being partitioned

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@barnstormers @GLOCKer @RideFlyDiveJeep @DRAX

are you still happy with it? DOes it really keep the stuff on the bottom frozen? I love the footprint, but having trouble trusting the notion that the bottom is a freezer without actually being partitioned
I was wondering this myself. I remembered this thread and was looking at one of the IceCo fridges as an upgrade for a 2 week trip I have planned later this year. Also how noisy are they?

Boort

tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
This is my recent purchase massimo 40 from Costco. Saw it in another thread glad I got it. Good size for us. Ran it 12 hours the other day haven't camped with it yet. But it will fit under my tonneau cover nicely, I couldn't go over 20 inches high. Think it's 19.5. I have a 85 qt pelican but after 1/2 full of ice I get about the same space as this fridge.PXL_20210417_001220095.jpgPXL_20210417_001210278.MP.jpg

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

This is my recent purchase massimo 40 from Costco. Saw it in another thread glad I got it. Good size for us. Ran it 12 hours the other day haven't camped with it yet. But it will fit under my tonneau cover nicely, I couldn't go over 20 inches high. Think it's 19.5. I have a 85 qt pelican but after 1/2 full of ice I get about the same space as this fridge.
I was looking at that on the Costco website but was concerned by the e-Cooler in the name. Is it a real Fridge/Freeezer or just a thermo-electric cooler?

Boort

Reactions: Road

tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
Just a cooler. Although it says it goes to 0 F. I didn't try to 0, only tested to see how much it ran to maintain 35 degrees. Wasn't real loud and didn't run that much either to maintain that temp. I will post more on it as I use it camping.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I was looking at that on the Costco website but was concerned by the e-Cooler in the name. Is it a real Fridge/Freeezer or just a thermo-electric cooler?

Boort
I also bought one of these from costco. I got the CX50 model:
massimo.JPG
No it is not thermo-electric. It has a real compressor and can be set to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I used it with the supplied AC plug in my room for a week and it kept my drinks nice and cold. I plan to hook this up to a harbor freight solar panel system.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I also bought one of these from costco. I got the CX50 model:
View attachment 195821
No it is not thermo-electric. It has a real compressor and can be set to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. I used it with the supplied AC plug in my room for a week and it kept my drinks nice and cold. I plan to hook this up to a harbor freight solar panel system.
I remember seeing these things at Costco, but can't recall how much they were. How much was it and what is the capacity? Oh yeah, does it have Bluetooth connectivity like the Alpicool 'fridges?

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I remember seeing these things at Costco, but can't recall how much they were. How much was it and what is the capacity? Oh yeah, does it have Bluetooth connectivity like the Alpicool 'fridges?
Costco has the CX30, CX40 and CX50 for sale and they are 30, 40 and 50 Liters respectively. I got the CX50 online for 269.99 with free shipping. The CX30 is listed at 249.99 and the CX40 is 259.99. These do not have Bluetooth connectivity.

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer and Boort

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
For those of you with the ARB Classic fridges. If given the choice to or not to buy the outer cover again. What would be your choice? I'm debating on one but not sure if it's worth it or not. Does it provide that much more insulation?

Reactions: Road

TroutRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Durango, Colorado
First Name
David
Last Name
@
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KY0TEQ
Engel MT45F-U1CD-P in the back of the 4Runner. If it‘s good enough for Ronny Dahl then it’s good enough for me. :sunglasses:

59B4874D-C6D9-425D-9977-2BF6F6D034DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DMS1

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

Yes, I've been very pleased. Its only been used in the shop but is has run out there for 2 months with no flaws. Camping season is just beginning for us. plan on putting to the real tests this summer.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

For those of you with the ARB Classic fridges. If given the choice to or not to buy the outer cover again. What would be your choice? I'm debating on one but not sure if it's worth it or not. Does it provide that much more insulation?
I bought mine right away. I only used it once or twice without the cover. I believe it helps some. It seemed to cycle on less but there are many variables to account for such as temp of the day, whether parked in shade or not etc so it is hard to tell. I like it for the added protection it gives.

Reactions: SJ.Overland