Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Been looking at these for a while . Like everybody else I'm not sure I want to find out over the long run that it will fail , when I can just spend the money once and be set.

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

Since I dont have a device to measure power consumption I decided to set an experiment. Please poke holes in this if you find one. (I'm no electrician)

Its stated that it draws 4.2AH. But I'm making the assumption that is when it's running nonstop.

I recorded the time the fridge was running versus the time it sat idle and ran the numbers.

The amps/hr will be slightly higher than what I solved for,since I'm assuming it's not drawing any power when the compressor isnt running and I know it still is drawing power for the LCD screen.

Hope this helps!20180817_201325.jpeg

Reactions: cody_roberts

IrieOB

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville SC
Member #

5AB47834-89F2-48CA-9AB4-C7E34A25961E.png Just foun this one Amazon. No reviews on this size and one good review on the 35L. Anyone ever heard or tried this brand out???

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I suspect the description is wrong. The product dimensions is exactly the same as my 52 L Costway Fridge. These all were probably made at the same factory and are being sold by different resellers.
There are actually 3 models ranging from about 35 liters to 40 to 54. Search Yunger or Yungering.

Reactions: IrieOB

IrieOB

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville SC
Member #

My concern is the footprint and the height of it. We have a platform in the back of our Cruiser and I think it might stick up a bit much.?.? Going to make a few cardboard mock-ups of them to see. Do any of you guys think the 50L is to large and anyone have a 35L? I think the 50L is overkill for my needs.

Attachments

Reactions: Pick Teej

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

Installed the whole system in the Liberty yesterday. i got crafty with the latch, used a standard slide bolt latch and found a 5/16" OD spring. i cut off a piece of the bolt so the spring would sit inside the sleeve. welded a small washer to the end of the free sleeve and bolted it all down. works very nicely and it was only $4.

additionally, I ran the fridge off the jeep yesterday for 8 hours on Eco mode without starting it. after 8 hours, the battery was down to 11.2v with the fridge running and 11.9 when the fridge was off.
I fired the jeep up no problem, it didn't even struggle.

Attachments

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

My concern is the footprint and the height of it. We have a platform in the back of our Cruiser and I think it might stick up a bit much.?.? Going to make a few cardboard mock-ups of them to see. Do any of you guys think the 50L is to large and anyone have a 35L? I think the 50L is overkill for my needs.
only issue found thus far is that my girlfriend is 5'2" and she cannot see inside the fridge because of how tall the jeep is and how tall the fridge is. were actually bringing a folding step stool now...... +1 for normal cooler..

Reactions: Graeman and IrieOB

rudeestyle

Rank 0

Contributor I

Are the measurements true on the specs?

With fj's and fridges of every inch counts on fridges and the space in rear on fridges of decent size for us. Between non adjustable rear seat tilt and bulky back door, you lose a seat or 3/4 rear space even with a slide.
If you get a chance, pull a tape. Wifey is gonna need a step stool no doubt.

Thx

Reactions: IrieOB

Pick Teej

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Smethport, Pennsylvania
Member #

Are the measurements true on the specs?

With fj's and fridges of every inch counts on fridges and the space in rear on fridges of decent size for us. Between non adjustable rear seat tilt and bulky back door, you lose a seat or 3/4 rear space even with a slide.
If you get a chance, pull a tape. Wifey is gonna need a step stool no doubt.

Thx
l 27 1/2” (including handles)w 13 1/2” h 21.25” add 2-2.5" on the height for a slide.

Reactions: rudeestyle