Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
The Fridge and Jackery came in Wednesday. We are actually doing a small 3day trip today so we will see how it works. I charged everything up and loaded the fridge last night and everything seems really nice. But we will be testing it this weekend and I'll let you know how it goes. I do not have the trailer wired up yet to plug the fridge in on the way to where we stay. So I'm just gonna leave it plugged into the Jackery (only a 30 min drive). And the place were staying actually has power access but I'm going to just run off solar to see how it does and just know that I have the power hookup as a back up if needed. The ARB Fridge with the APP on your phone is nice so you can monitor temps and adjust as needed.
Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Reactions: TyodRunner1206

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
It would but you would have to spend more than the generator cost to do so. I good charge controller and 200 watts of solar panels. Using 120 volts or using 12volts charges in about the same amount of time.

TyodRunner1206

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Taylorsville, NC, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Yoder
Member #

So update on the Jackery and ARB fridge. I'm very pleased with the products after this past weekend. We went up to Warrior Creek campground in Boomer NC on Friday evening. I have not set up the trailer to be able to run the fridge off the alternator in the Jeep yet. So the Jackery 1000 ran the Fridge for the 30 minute drive there and for about another 2 hours for me to completely set up camp. It had dropped to 96% in that time. I will add that from Friday when I got there at 4PM till Sunday morning I had zero sun (it rained all weekend till Sunday). During the time I ran the fridge, a box fan (never cut it off) the whole weekend and then charged our phones during that time. By Sunday morning we were down to 35% on the Jackery with no solar charge. Due to moisture from the 3.5 inches of rain we received this past weekend LOL I did not use the solar panel instead just plugged the Jackery into the power provided at this campground. Charged it back to 99% in about 6 hours while still running the ARB fridge and the box fan. Unplugged it from charge and when we came home Monday around 10AM and kept the fridge plugged in all the way back home we were only down to like 84%. Great product and very user friendly.

Now for the Fridge. I chose the ARB Classic 50QT. And that is the best thing since sliced bread. Being able to keep everything cold and dry along with saving the space on the trailer of packing 2 or 3 coolers (we like to eat when we camp). Is worth every penny. I also love being able to monitor the temp and change settings as needed from the bluetooth set up on my phone. Very happy with both items and I will give a better update with using the solar to charge when I go to OBX for a week the beginning of October.

Reactions: Graeman

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

came in late on the thread. I can HIGHLY recommend Snowmaster refrig / freezer units. draws 66w once cold... we build a battery bank using 8 LIPo 4 motorcycle batteries in a Home Depot tool box and wired it to a battery isolator switch to the fords main system. charges great .. runs the 65 liter fridge for 4 days in 75 degree weather. in the 100's in Texas it runs for 2.8 days without any charge going to the bank. I bought a 95 as well.... but the 65 is HUGE... so. we will see.

I've been working with a battery maker to build a 12v - 480 ah lipo4 specifically for overlanding.. if I get that done we'll start carrying it in my online store. target weight is 80lbs to be mounted in a vehicle. but naturally smaller batter units (like 240 ah) would be about 34lbs. remember I run a full size rig and like to go out for 10 days plus at a run. lol