Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Chaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WFI
Hey all, so my friend showed me "The grabber" from Bubba rope and it skips the hard mount of your winch line to the drum using a looped piece of nylon with wraps of your winch line on it to friction hold it to the drum. Kind of a cool idea but are they worth the $11? I know you probably wouldn't use the last 5 or so loops of the winch line to pull so that makes sense. Are people swapping their synthetic lines out frequently enough to justify the cost? I know that a new like is like $200+ so what's an extra $11 on top of it so the price isn't bad, just not sure what the advantage is to using that vs a hard mount to the winch.

Thoughts?

waltRmitty

Rank I

Contributor II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
walter
Last Name
mitty
I'm actually about to try this out myself but instead of buying an 'overland' 'tactical' 'plasma' winch grabber, I dug out a 'quick draw' climbing hanger from my gear box. Cost is about the same for this closed end webbing strap. I sorted though my gear looking for one which was long enough to span about 8 turns of synthetic rope when wound on the row of the winch drum.