Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hey Guys as some of you know my day to day is spent as a Trainer and Assessor so I was thinking for those in south east QLD or really anywhere if they want to travel that throughout next year I could run some courses specifically for OB members
Courses could be
First Aid & CPR
Remote First Aid
4wd operation
level 1 Chainsaw Operation
Map Reading and Navigation
Operate Communications (ham license )

For most of these you will receive a nationally recognized certificate of attainment which is valid throughout Australia.

So if you are interested let me know and I'll do some planning

Last edited:

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
hi Dunco whats the difference between the first aid CPR and remote first aid mate
Hey Mate CPR stays the same across the board
Normal first aid is just your typical what to do before help arrives with remote area you get into how to care for someone for an extended period due to inclement weather or geographical obstacles such as an isolated location, weather, difficult terrain that kind of thing. We cover everything you would in a normal first aid course just in more depth plus we cover communications equipment, safety and survival, emergency shelters we go into causality handling in more depth especially improvised equipment and we go over preparation and contingency planing

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Overlanding Downunder

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Comollatti
Member #

Hello Dunco

My order of preference:
1. Remote First Aid (Work offers First Aid and CPR as it is required as part of my employment)
2. Operate Communications (ham license)
3. Map Reading and Navigation
4. Level 1 Chainsaw Operation
5. 4wd operation

What would a general course length be, hours or days?

Could two smaller/shorter courses be done in one weekend? Trying to make it worth the travel.

Colin

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello Dunco

My order of preference:
1. Remote First Aid (Work offers First Aid and CPR as it is required as part of my employment)
2. Operate Communications (ham license)
3. Map Reading and Navigation
4. Level 1 Chainsaw Operation
5. 4wd operation

What would a general course length be, hours or days?

Could two smaller/shorter courses be done in one weekend? Trying to make it worth the travel.

Colin
Hey mate ideally I would run it over a weekend or a couple throughout the year some can be combined but other's cannot chainsaw is a full 2 days by itself we could work RFA and comm's into a weekend map & nav/4wd into another that is if we go down the full accredited route there is the option of doing a full weekend and covering aspects of them all but you would not receive a statement of attainment or qualification from that

Its still a work in progress I will work out the fine details and let you know

Last edited:

Overlanding Downunder

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Comollatti
Member #

Hey mate ideally I would run it over a weekend or a couple throughout the year some can be combined but other's cannot chainsaw is a full 2 days by itself we could work RFA and comm's into a weekend map & nav/4wd into another that is if we go down the full accredited route there is the option of doing a full weekend and covering aspects of them all but you would not receive a statement of attainment or qualification from that

Its still a work in progress I will work out the fine details and let you know
Thank You, sounds good to me.

Colin

Reactions: Luis Merlo