Free National Parks Pass for Military

• HTML tutorial

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I just ordered my free lifetime pass...........for $10. LOL
I'd pay the $80 a year if I had to. I consider it a honor to visit these places and a honor to have been able to serve.
Zim
If you go in person into a government office that sells the pass it's truly free, order it online and it's a $10 handling/processing fee. I'll drop in this next week and get mine.

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Anyone know if there is an option to get a duplicate?
I tend to always forget which vehicle glove box my pass is in and have to pay the day use fees hours away from home >.<

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Anyone know if there is an option to get a duplicate?
I tend to always forget which vehicle glove box my pass is in and have to pay the day use fees hours away from home >.<
Keep it in your wallet?

Honestly I have no idea if thats an option. Im sure you could go to one of the locations that prints them with your 214 and get them to print one on the spot (then ask for a duplicate while youre there).

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

For those who didn’t read the linked article, this LIFETIME Military Pass is free for ALL veterans who received an Honorable discharge, not just retired, disabled or active duty personnel.
In my state (Maryland), you can have the “veteran” designation added to your current driver’s license for free at the MVA. I used my original DD214 as proof of service. Then you either order the Lifetime Military Pass through the USGS website for $10 or get it the next time you enter a participating NPS facility.
Note that this pass only covers entry fees - not discounts on camping, events, permits or parking. It’s still advantageous to get the lifetime Senior Pass when you reach age 62 for the camping and other discounts.

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

For those who didn’t read the linked article, this LIFETIME Military Pass is free for ALL veterans who received an Honorable discharge, not just retired, disabled or active duty personnel.
In my state (Maryland), you can have the “veteran” designation added to your current driver’s license for free at the MVA. I used my original DD214 as proof of service. Then you either order the Lifetime Military Pass through the USGS website for $10 or get it the next time you enter a participating NPS facility.
Note that this pass only covers entry fees - not discounts on camping, events, permits or parking. It’s still advantageous to get the lifetime Senior Pass when you reach age 62 for the camping and other discounts.
I’m getting the Drivers License Veteran designation started next week. Then I’ll get the park pass!

Reactions: ZombieCat

Radman73

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rader
Service Branch
Navy DAV
Florida has the "V" designation as well on the driver's license. We got the lifetime pass a while back and saved us a fair bit in 2020 when we drove around SD, WY, UT, and CO for our summer vacay.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I got mine years ago at a Corps of Engineers office at a local park. Was free for vets then too. I have the veterans designation on my drivers license, concealed carry license, and license plates. In TX, if you have DV plates, the toll roads are also free.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
My dad and I scooped ours up outisde of Cortez, Co just a few days ago. I tossed the mirror hanger in the center console and stuck the card in my lockbox for now. Glad to finally have it.

Reactions: Sparksalot

0verlander

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Edward
If anyone lives near Bend, Oregon, I recently picked one up at the Lava Lands Visitor Center off Highway 97.

The scary part is they didn't even ask for my ID.
The Ranger at the front desk just said that my ballcap (which says Veteran on it) was proof enough.
I recommended he actually ask to see proof of service... a military ID, a VA card, or a DL with the Veteran endorsement.
I told him there are "unstable" individuals out there who pretend to be Vets - Anyone can buy a ballcap. Hopefully, he took it to heart.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The wonderful park ranger at Kickapoo Cavern State Park provided me with this free lifetime pass last weekend. They also have a free non-disabled veteran version. With 83 state parks in Texas, this will come in handy.

IMAG3122.jpg

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The wonderful park ranger at Kickapoo Cavern State Park provided me with this free lifetime pass last weekend. They also have a free non-disabled veteran version. With 83 state parks in Texas, this will come in handy.

View attachment 270169
That's new. The last time I asked, the only veteran pass was for over X%.