Ford Expedition 4x4 ideas.

• HTML tutorial

Jeepmike

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have a 2010 Expedition that is an awesome cross country vehicle. I have a winch and will be ordering the winch plate for it. I am planning on lifting it and larger tires. I have a smittybilt fridge inside. I will pull the lifted pop up behind it. I do not need a rtt. What recommendations do y’all have to make it more overland ready. My other rig is a 2010 wrangler and it is too small for 3 boys and a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Graeman

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to OB. That trailer looks so cool with the lift kit on it. My sister loves her Expedition and just will not sell it. You will have plenty of room and storage space for extended travels. Nice looking Jeep, too.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

We use an 03 Expedition and it works great. Kudos for getting the short wheelbase, that will help offroad.

We went with the Truxxx 2.5” spacer kit, and kept the running boards on, and it works great offroad. The Goodyear Duratracs help a lot also.

My suggest would be similar to what we have done: recovery gear, gps mapping software.

You will still benefit from a roof rack, you may find that you run out of room inside pretty quick... I know we do, with 5 people inside and a dog...

James

Jeepmike

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am thinking a roof basket with lighting and an awning. The truxxx lift for sure. We are going to extend the front of the trailer and that will give us a little more storage.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk