First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I should have never walked into that fly shop. LOL
I figured with all the good fishing holes you've seen lately you'd have to try one of them out.
Which one will it be. I'm guessing you might go back to the stream where you saw the man pull out 5 fish in a very short time. What town did you buy your pole.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I should have never walked into that fly shop. LOL
I figured with all the good fishing holes you've seen lately you'd have to try one of them out.
Which one will it be. I'm guessing you might go back to the stream where you saw the man pull out 5 fish in a very short time. What town did you buy your pole.
I am camp right on that River. I bought it in Red River at Starrs

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
6-5 refers to the line weight and action... iirc.
His pole dosent have a reel or a place to put one. My pole is a 6 wt but no reference for the 5. That's why I asked how long is the line. I guess you use it like a whip ???

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Way too much money. Telescoping. I will do some pics in the morning.
Good, I only ask because I like the idea of having a quick and easy way to flip fish in a stream. I like the idea of having more than one way to fish without having to deal with reels. My dad had a rod that was collapsible that he kept under the drivers seat. It was only about 15" long collapsed and with reel attached. He had a tiny tackle box that would also fit under the seat. I call that very convenient.. my new 9' rod fits in a 3' long round tube that dosent hold the reel which makes it a little inconvenient to need secondary storage for the reel.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Okay here are some pictures of my tenkana rod. You can buy the rod separate or in a kit (which I did). The little spool is how you can wrap your lineup stick it on your pole if you're walking to another location.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Okay here are some pictures of my tenkana rod. You can buy the rod separate or in a kit (which I did). The little spool is how you can wrap your lineup stick it on your pole if you're walking to another location.
Okay, now it all makes sense to me. It's a neat kit and I can see why you bought it, especially being away from home where you probably keep your other gear. What would your camp site look like. Seems like I saw a tent in one of your past posts.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Okay, now it all makes sense to me. It's a neat kit and I can see why you bought it, especially being away from home where you probably keep your other gear. What would your camp site look like. Seems like I saw a tent in one of your past posts.
Yes I am camping in a gazelle tent. I do have an enclosed trailer that has been lowered to just a little bit higher than my Jeep. This river is 30 foot from my tent roughly.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
[QUOTE="FishinCrzy,
But like skiing don't get too close to a beginner.

[/QUOTE]
I second that, getting a hook in ya isn't my idea of fun !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes I am camping in a gazelle tent. I do have an enclosed trailer that has been lowered to just a little bit higher than my Jeep. This river is 30 foot from my tent roughly.
Terrific, I have a t3 Gazelle and cant wait to use it for the first time. Hope I'm lucky enough to find a fishing hole as nice to set up camp. Do you have the trailer with you ?

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Terrific, I have a t3 Gazelle and cant wait to use it for the first time. Hope I'm lucky enough to find a fishing hole as nice to set up camp. Do you have the trailer with you ?
Nope left it at home. Quickly traveling north to south in New Mexico the trailer just slows me down too much in the mountainous regions.