Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

Honestly, I agree with a lot of what you say. Unfortunately, the National Forest only gets about $44/acre to take care of all of the national forests and national grasslands. The chances of them getting a higher budget to include trash pickup is slim to none. They barely have enough people to manage the forests, much less clean up behind everyone who pitches a wrapper or can out the window. So the rest of us, who enjoy nature and spending time in the woods, have a choice to make. We can help, or we can lose access to the areas. Of the hundreds of hours I spend in my local national forest every year, I spend a few hours picking up trash. I keep a roll of bags and a grabber in the truck and if I stop, I spend a couple of minutes picking up any trash around me. Yes, it's irritating to do so but it's better than riding around looking at it and it's better than having the forest management close access. It's a fairly small price to pay for a beautiful place to spend time.
We give the DOD $1.5 Trillion a year

Jhop567

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sagle, Idaho
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
Grubworm, good idea, except, I can see some of the couch slugs getting injured (or putting on an Academy Award presentation) and some low life attorney suing the deep pocket government for a lifetime award. Like the idea tho.

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I live in NW Florida about 5.5 hours away from the Ocala National Forrest, that is sad to see. If any large group cleanup is ever organized through the forum I would be interested in helping out if I could, watching this thread!

You’ll need to lol around the local Ocala and off road groups for cleanup events.