Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

I’m looking for options for the IKamper 2.0 annex floor currently using a cheap plastic tarp. I seen recommendations for Sailcloth tarps and beach sand proof Mats. What are people using for flooring? Need something that packs smallish but rugged and well made. Easy to clean would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I’m looking for options for the IKamper 2.0 annex floor currently using a cheap plastic tarp. I seen recommendations for Sailcloth tarps and beach sand proof Mats. What are people using for flooring? Need something that packs smallish but rugged and well made. Easy to clean would be great too.

Thanks in advance.
I had a mesh floor saver with my Oztent RV-5 (now sold) that extended from under the tent to provide a floor for the whole front room.

It allows water, sand & dirt to fall back through and is overall a very handy way to have a clean sweep-able floor that is comfortable underfoot.

Oztent Mesh Floor Saver - it can be staked out, and comes in several different sizes:
Setup Sizes:
  • RV-1 Mesh Floor Saver: 146” (L) x 85" (W)
  • RV-2 Mesh Floor Saver: 157” (L) x 79” (W)
  • RV-3 Mesh Floor Saver: 157” (L) x 94” (W)
  • RV-4 Mesh Floor Saver: 173” (L) x 94” (W)
  • RV-5 Mesh Floor Saver: 181” (L) x 102” (W)
It's a great material, and though perhaps commercially available somewhere, I've never seen it available. I wouldn't even know what to call it.

Here's an image with my Oztent before the front & side walls were up:

0-oztent_6384-900.jpeg
Oztent Mesh Floor Saver

I've been thinking of getting another mesh floor saver and cutting it into a couple custom sizes, then re-hemming it with new grommeted stake out points. I camp in a variety of weather and environments at times and having a floor when I put side walls up with my trailer awning would be handy. There's a few areas I could use it, depending on weather and set up:

smokies_6535-1000.JPG

basecampwithextensions_4718-1000.jpg
If you try it, I'll be interested to see how it works out for you.

Last edited:

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Thanks in advance.
I had a mesh floor saver with my Oztent RV-5 (now sold) that extended from under the tent to provide a floor for the whole front room.

It allows water, sand & dirt to fall back through and is overall a very handy way to have a clean sweep-able floor that is comfortable underfoot.

Oztent Mesh Floor Saver - it can be staked out, and comes in several different sizes:
Setup Sizes:
  • RV-1 Mesh Floor Saver: 146” (L) x 85" (W)
  • RV-2 Mesh Floor Saver: 157” (L) x 79” (W)
  • RV-3 Mesh Floor Saver: 157” (L) x 94” (W)
  • RV-4 Mesh Floor Saver: 173” (L) x 94” (W)
  • RV-5 Mesh Floor Saver: 181” (L) x 102” (W)
It's a great material, and though perhaps commercially available somewhere, I've never seen it available. I wouldn't even know what to call it.

Here's an image with my Oztent before the front & side walls were up:

View attachment 200277
Oztent Mesh Floor Saver

I've been thinking of getting another mesh floor saver and cutting it into a couple custom sizes, then re-hemming it with new grommeted stake out points. I camp in a variety of weather and environments at times and having a floor when I put side walls up with my trailer awning would be handy. There's a few areas I could use it, depending on weather and set up:

View attachment 200280

View attachment 200279
If you try it, I'll be interested to see how it works out for you.
Thanks I will have a look. The awning setup on your trailer looks awesome. Super cozy with the awning walls on the 270 awning. Might have to look at a trailer.

Wayne.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Thanks I will have a look. The awning setup on your trailer looks awesome. Super cozy with the awning walls on the 270 awning. Might have to look at a trailer.

Wayne.
Thanks. Yeah, it's actually more of a 360 awning in that it covers one full side and both ends and reaches out almost eight feet in each direction, where 270s cover a side and one end and usually don't have as far of a reach. I like basecamping though, and often deal with a lot of inclement and cold weather, so the larger footprint under cover, especially with sidewalls flared out, can be the difference between enjoying myself or being miserable.

basecamp_2572-1000.jpg

coldweather basecamp_5639-900.jpg

Especially when I set up like above, for freezing weather, having the mesh floor saver could be handy on the living space side of the trailer.

I fell asleep in my chair by the propane fire the night I took this image and woke up to a skunk walking through, under the awning, right at the tip of my boots. Just ambling through, thought he'd get warm for a bit, I guess.

Reactions: SNO-RNR