Flooding in southwest Germany - does anyone need help?

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The southwest of Germany (Saarland/Palatinate) in particular has been affected by the persistent heavy rainfall of the last few days. There is a lot of flooding here and the weather forecast for the beginning of the week is not good.

@MazeVX had a good idea and asked if we could perhaps help somewhere. So, are there any members here or other people from your area who need help, e.g. with cleaning up after the floods or anything else? I've already made some contacts and as soon as I hear something I'll post it here. If you would like to help if necessary, please let us know in this thread.

We are a strong community and maybe we can coordinate help if it is needed.

Hope everybody is safe out there,
Bjoern

Last edited:

MaG-Dive

Rank V

Advocate III

Neuhemsbach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Gruenewald
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DL1MAG
Service Branch
EMS/disaster control
The southwest of Germany (Saarland/Palatinate) in particular has been affected by the persistent heavy rainfall of the last few days. There is a lot of flooding here and the weather forecast for the beginning of the week is not good.

@MazeVX had a good idea and asked if we could perhaps help somewhere. So, are there any members here or other people from your area who need help, e.g. with cleaning up after the floods or anything else? I've already made some contacts and as soon as I hear something I'll post it here. If you would like to help if necessary, please let us know in this thread.

We are a strong community and maybe we can coordinate help if it is needed.

Hope everybody is safe out there,
Bjoern
I live right in the middle of that, fortunately a little to the north. Everyone and everything safe and secure.
Thanks for the initiative.

MaG

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I live right in the middle of that, fortunately a little to the north. Everyone and everything safe and secure.
Thanks for the initiative.

MaG
Thanks, Markus. Good to hear that you are alright. I have just spoken to the responsible state chancellery. According to them, there is currently almost no additional need for voluntary helpers. I've been given two other contacts and I've also spoken to two municipalities currently still affected by the flooding or might be affected again to the end of the week due to new rainfalls. They'll get in touch if additional volunteers needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazeVX