Rank II

Contributor III

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Chloe
Last Name
Harper
Member #

I recently bought a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch for my 80 series LandCruiser that has an ARB Deluxe Bull bar because I hadn’t seen much information on ARB bumpers and other winches besides Warn. Well good news, the Smittybilt works! But depending on the type of fairlead you purchase, a little MacGyvering might be needed to get it fitted properly. Hope someone finds this helpful in their overlanding adventures!

Attachments

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I recently bought a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch for my 80 series LandCruiser that has an ARB Deluxe Bull bar because I hadn’t seen much information on ARB bumpers and other winches besides Warn. Well good news, the Smittybilt works! But depending on the type of fairlead you purchase, a little MacGyvering might be needed to get it fitted properly. Hope someone finds this helpful in their overlanding adventures!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did the ARB also, on my Chevy. Did the Smitybilt X20 17.5 k. The controller was massaged on top of the winch in the bumper pocket. A very tight fit, but it keeps it mostly out of the weather. For added safety, I used a toggle switch that has to be flipped for power to the winch. In case of a short, you can cut power.

Attachments

Reactions: CmHarper50