First Trip/Possible Meet-Up with Members

• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Buford, GA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Cleaveland
Hello all, my wife and I are not new to camping, but new to overlanding. We're in Northeast GA but are not opposed to traveling out. We have plenty of open days during the coming weekends and was curious if anyone was planning any trips in either GA, SC, AL or TN. We're new to the trails around here but I've got a few years of SxS riding in TN. Any reccomendations are a

Reactions: bcmedicxj

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Just saw your post. my wife and I spend a lot of time on the trails in the Tellico Plains, TN/NC and Big Frog mountain areas TN/GA. Lots of great trails and FS roads to explore.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
I'm looking for a group that would be interested in doing the GA traverse trail.
I am interested. Do you have a time frame in mind? I started the Traverse a couple months ago with a friend and we both had mechanical issues and had to cut the trip short. We want to do it again hopefully with better luck this time.

Reactions: Care_Under_Fire

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Proctor
I am interested. Do you have a time frame in mind? I started the Traverse a couple months ago with a friend and we both had mechanical issues and had to cut the trip short. We want to do it again hopefully with better luck this time.
I was thinking spring sometime. I busy at work end of January though begining of March.

How far did you make it? And were you going East to West or West to East?

Reactions: bcmedicxj

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
I was thinking spring sometime. I busy at work end of January though begining of March.

How far did you make it? And were you going East to West or West to East?
We started at Burrells Ford, SC and travelled west. Had problems late day 2 and went into Hiawassee, GA to access the problem. We could have continued but decided to call it quits. ( live to fight another day) We are planning to go again in early spring. It was still a great trip. Keep in touch , maybe we can join up.

Reactions: Care_Under_Fire

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Sounds like a plan. Ever been to cape lookout Just seen your last name we could be.
I have been to the Outer Banks a couple of times but not to Cape Lookout. Actually a branch of my family moved from east Tennessee to north Alabama back in the 1930's or 40's. I'll have to ask some of the older folks if they know who and when.