Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I started off with the essentials for my Tow Rig - 2017 Ram 1500

PowerStop Z36 Full Brake Set
New ProComp A/Ts - Keeping the Stock Size until I settle on the lift I want.
ProComp 2.5 leveling Kit
Die Hard 900CCA AGM

With the warmer weather I just installed the Decked Drawer System and Softopper.

Sitting in Boxes:
Airlift 5000
Vice Designs Integrated Winch Mount
Smittybilt 12k Winch
Prinsu Roof Rack
Barricade Rear Bumper
Armordillo Side Steps
KB Voodoo Rack for the Softopper

I'm going with Rouch County Lights
50 inch LB
6 Cube lights
2 - 6 inch LBs for the Grill
Rough Country 6 universal switch

Coms
CB Radio
(I'll add the HAM radio when I get the lic)
GPS Tracker
Ram - Wifi
Mac Air for Work
Mac Air Tablet to run Gia Maps

I have my eye's set on the RIGd tire swing, ICON Stage 5 suspension.

For power accessories I have the Jackery 1000, Yahama 2300i, and Type S Lithium Jump Starter.

Cargo - Roam 95L cases, Wolfpacks, Pelican Vault for the Drone and camera gear, and Yakima Top Water Fishing Rod Box.

Attachments

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

ProComp 2.5 leveling Kit
Die Hard 900CCA AGM

With the warmer weather I just installed the Decked Drawer System and Softopper.

Sitting in Boxes:
Airlift 5000
Smittybilt 12k Winch
Prinsu Roof Rack
Barricade Rear Bumper
Armordillo Side Steps

50 inch LB
6 Cube lights

Coms
CB Radio
GPS Tracker
Ram - Wifi
Mac Air for Work

For power accessories I have the Jackery 1000, Yahama 2300i, and Type S Lithium Jump Starter.

Cargo - Roam 95L cases, Wolfpacks, Pelican Vault for the Drone and camera gear, and Yakima Top Water Fishing Rod Box.
HOLY MOLY!! You ain't messing around! Look forward to watching this build!
Thanks, I spent the last year mapping this out.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

ProComp 2.5 leveling Kit
Die Hard 900CCA AGM

Sitting in Boxes:
Airlift 5000
Smittybilt 12k Winch
Prinsu Roof Rack
Barricade Rear Bumper
Armordillo Side Steps

50 inch LB
6 Cube lights

Coms
CB Radio
GPS Tracker
Ram - Wifi
Mac Air for Work

Love the color! Great build.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

ProComp 2.5 leveling Kit
Die Hard 900CCA AGM

Sitting in Boxes:
Airlift 5000
Smittybilt 12k Winch
Prinsu Roof Rack
Barricade Rear Bumper
Armordillo Side Steps

50 inch LB
6 Cube lights

Coms
CB Radio
GPS Tracker
Ram - Wifi
Mac Air for Work

Love the color! Great build.
Thanks, I’m leaning towards a wrap for paint protection

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

ProComp 2.5 leveling Kit
Die Hard 900CCA AGM

Sitting in Boxes:
Airlift 5000
Smittybilt 12k Winch
Prinsu Roof Rack
Barricade Rear Bumper
Armordillo Side Steps

50 inch LB
6 Cube lights

Coms
CB Radio
GPS Tracker
Ram - Wifi
Mac Air for Work

Rig Update
I have been holding out on installing my Prinsu Rack, mostly due to watching video after video on installs and from what I can see the Drill Press is the best tool to carve out the Trim Holes needed vs. the alternative of cutting away 2.5 inch sections from the trim. after adding the Decked Draw System and Softopper, I just installed the Dirty Dog Pet Divider for the pups, my Mod Armor Mounts for the Phones and Tablet, and Tough Guard Rain Guards and Hood Protector and ACI Stainless Steel Tailgate Protector. Note to self: Don't remove the Fender Flares trim for the simple fact that the replacement trim has been nothing but a pain in the A... to put on. Even with the 3M backing, a fully prepped/cleaned surface the trim kit that I picked up on Amazon isn't cutting it.

I'm hoping to install the new rear bumper, and on that note I have been holding out in installing the light bars, and switch controller as well.

The Still In Boxes remains the same as I continue to find excuses on why to push it out weekend after weekend. I did add to the list a full set of speakers from Crutchfield to replace my OEM Alpine I'm going with JBL Audio.

Now for all the hype on YouTube for suspension mods, I think I'm going to cross out that Icon Stage 5 setup for a more affordable OEM replacement at 60k with Monroe Loaded Strut Packages from JCWittney (Carparts) and Mevotech Upper and lower Control Arms front and back. With the Pro Comp 2.5 leveling kit, OEM wheels, and ProComp A/Ts I think this might be the winning ticket to save some $$$, knowing full well she will never go on those insane off road trails. My primary goal for this build was always for a tow / pup rig.

For Coms I picked up a Midland Portable CB for now with the Ghost Antenna and when I get my Ham lic... I'll go with midland.

Like all builds you have something in mind, and you change it week to week. I picked up the Yakima MTB Upright Bike Carrier instead of mounting the bikes on the side of the KB voodoo rack, and I would like to do a DIY Raptor Liner on the bumpers, with a fresh coat of POR 15 Chassis Black underneath.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Mekcanix

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Added the rear bumper
There's one take away from this weekend, it's more of a warning and must-do project each Spring here on the east coast. The amount of dried up Salt that I found inside the fenders, every crack and crevasse was disturbing to say the least. 3 years and 40k removed from the Valley of the Sun to life in Up State NY I really need to pay more attention and add more rust prevention projects each year. This is also the main reason my CJ5 will not see the winters, not until I break out the Eastwoods internal frame coating, and rust encapsulator

Nick Malette

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Mexico, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Malette
Member #

How are you liking the PowerStop Z36 kit?

I've got 33K miles on my Ram and I am just getting prepared what direction to go on the brakes when the time comes. However this is my first truck and don't have any background on a company that will give me a little more than OEM. I work remotely so most of this truck's life / miles is on trails. I'm leaning towards going with the pads in this kit but slightly worried about rock and debris from trails and the drilled rotors. Appreciate the feedback.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

How are you liking the PowerStop Z36 kit?

I've got 33K miles on my Ram and I am just getting prepared what direction to go on the brakes when the time comes. However this is my first truck and don't have any background on a company that will give me a little more than OEM. I work remotely so most of this truck's life / miles is on trails. I'm leaning towards going with the pads in this kit but slightly worried about rock and debris from trails and the drilled rotors. Appreciate the feedback.
I love the full brake kit, and to tell you the truth I was in the same boat as you are. I also work remote, and this was my first Ram (I actually traded in my Charger since I was moving out east I needed a Pup Rig with 4x4). I learned a lot over the years from Fred and Dave from Dirt Everyday, and I really learned a lot from Jason Lewis of Auto Edits (Worked on MotorTrend) - Jason Lewis has his YouTube channel and he gives all the great how to do - DIY tips from his Jeep, Ram and other projects. I also learned a lot from Trail Recon, Wayalife, and the OB YT channels. Here are a few video's you might want to watch on the Power Stop Breaks - , .

Last edited:
Reactions: Mekcanix