First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
not sure I want to be a member anymore
this sounds like the time i "invested" in buying a pair of X-ray glasses from the back of a comic book in the early 70s i'm STILL waiting on....

1682515861651.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MiamiC70

Emtmark

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

South Bay Area California
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6flm
Says the guest
who's a guest?
Screen say you are ‍♂ and this thread is about folks who are now dissatisfied with the level of follow through and piss poor communication regarding the buy in process. Did you put your money in the pot, have a stake in this, or just come here to troll around and white knight for the feel good?

I’m the nicest guy around in the one who always stops always smiles always has a few bites of extra food and invites fellow travelers into camp to hear a good yarn. I’m unhappy with how I was shined on for close to a year and so is everybody else in the same situation. If I’m fed up I can only imagine how grumpy other people are.

I don’t know how to read the screen icons all that well but it says guest which makes me think you just showed up to poke the bears. Which isn’t helpful or for me at least wanted :(

Attachments

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I don’t know how to read the screen icons all that well
Screenshot 2023-04-26 155146.png

been a member a while and i obviously post a good bit...

my comment wasnt made to you or anyone specifically and i was just leaving it at that, but you decided to take it personally and call me out for it, so here goes...

really not cool to call your grievences into a public forum. none of us can do anything to help your situation. you called out the OB membership management in a public forum instead of just keeping it between you and them in DMs. i personally dont need or want to hear you complain about your feelings being hurt, so in a nice way i posted that comment to basically say that we all have experienced disappointment and that in the scheme of things...its not that big a deal. out of ALL the stuff currently going on in the country, not getting a reply from a recreational website really isnt that bad a thing. i only know of your hurt feeling because YOU chose to make it public on here...repeatedly.

you want to drag the "offenders" out in public to rally the troops and garner support from the group. you wanted "public" input by posting publicly and this is it.
again...there is NOTHING any of us members can do to solve your problem. the OB management has obviously hurt your feelings and my simple comment (that wasnt even directed to you) has hurt your feelings and i understand that you are just lashing out in pain and confusion and disappointment.

and as far as me being a troll...well, trolling isnt easy. i spend hours upon hours searching the web for memes and that "perfect picture" that is indeed worth a thousand words. its a thankless task. i troll so others dont have to...:disappointed:

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

@grubworm, I'll bite:

Have you read the thread from beginning to here? Take a look at the title/originator/purpose. @Michael multiple responses/explanations/assurances/reassurances throughout to folks with skin in the game (unlike you and me). Take a look at posts #72 & #77. The level of civility is calm and reasonable throughout the thread with simple inquiries/requests for information/updates/communications. What post #'s specifically are you reading where someone makes the accusation of a scam as you assert above?

You claim your post @ #124 with the comic book ad was not directed at anyone in particular, yet you quoted a snippet of @LandyR3 within yours? Why, if not in response to his?

You and @Emtmark slid off topic above, things got personal for both, you chastised him for airing hurt feelings publicly (which again, @Michael invited him to do in post #77) and.........it's above, so folks can read/interpret it as they will. I am confused with your thumbs up to @Brian Glendenning's post (#129) after your proceeding paragraphs on not wanting to read about it/not airing things publicly/etc. Help me with that one when you have a minute.

My posts were in a different direction than nearly all others. Feel free to publicly point out any misstatements, inaccuracies or outright lies contained therein and I'll address.

There's a couple ways to resolve all this. The OB folks can fulfill what they promised. They can offer a mea culpa and hope for the best. Someone without skin in the game who doesn't care about the trinkets but believes in the concept can trade places with folks with skin in the game . I may have missed something, feel free to add others.

Last edited:
Reactions: LandyR3

Emtmark

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6flm
BLAME ME for the incite! I was just making fun of a lame situation.

In my 51 years of being an entrepreneur ( I started at age 14 by being "fronted" pounds of shitty Mexican pot by the infamous motorcycle gang with the initials HA to sling to my classmates in high school) I have learned A VERY IMPORTANT edict :

DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY SHIT, AND DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO PET THE SWEATY SHIT!

Lets face it you guys! In the whole scope of things... This ISN'T the "SWEATY SHIT"!

Gosh, I'll spend more money taking my wife and a handful of friends out to the local Izakaya for a good Suchi dinner!

My advice? Dust yourself off, put on your "big boy" pants, and appreciate the fact you learned a CHEAP LESSON!
Sage advice and spot on. Thank you.

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

This is a good conversation, concede its running its course.

For some of us, the core issue here are the trinkets or lack thereof. I see something else at the heart of it, one worthy of discussing, worth a minor dust up among the community in the hope of salvaging an outcome that both sides, the OB principals included, see as right. The effort may seem excessive based on monetary value. I think highly enough of this place, of the founders, of us, to expect better.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
This is a good conversation, concede its running its course.

For some of us, the core issue here are the trinkets or lack thereof. I see something else at the heart of it, one worthy of discussing, worth a minor dust up among the community in the hope of salvaging an outcome that both sides, the OB principals included, see as right. The effort may seem excessive based on monetary value. I think highly enough of this place, of the founders, of us, to expect better.
you make damn good sense...
while this isnt exactly a "dating site" (and trust me...some of yall i would need more than a 12 pack) it really is about the people. ive met quite a few OBers and had some great adventures with them and while there are quite a few components here, i think meeting fellow like minded people is the core of this site. i totally understand BOTH sides of the dilemma and there are obvious issues that really do need to be ironed out. however...i have met some outstanding folk off of here that i would not have the pleasure of meeting otherwise and THAT value far outweighs anything else that can be offered...IMHO

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

you make damn good sense...
while this isnt exactly a "dating site" (and trust me...some of yall i would need more than a 12 pack) it really is about the people. ive met quite a few OBers and had some great adventures with them and while there are quite a few components here, i think meeting fellow like minded people is the core of this site. i totally understand BOTH sides of the dilemma and there are obvious issues that really do need to be ironed out. however...i have met some outstanding folk off of here that i would not have the pleasure of meeting otherwise and THAT value far outweighs anything else that can be offered...IMHO
Appreciate your post. Common ground, shared experiences with good folks.

You ever want to drop in Flyover Country to share the dating site stories and bring @Joaquin Suave along with his first hand tales of the 14 year olds "the early days", I have a friend with a keg refrigerator in his machine shop that can seat hundreds. I can assure you both of a full house.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: grubworm

canopycamper

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Angelica
Last Name
Meas
Member #

Hi, I have been checking on Republic for an update on the patches and metal emblems being shipped out. I still have not received mine. :disappointed: I honestly can't watch Michael's videos right now while knowing this obligation has not been fulfilled and it's been over a year of waiting so far. The last update we got was Corrie saying they were receiving the shippable perks at the end of July'22 and then nothing since then. I know the money I invested is a drop in the bucket in today's economy, but it was a lot of money to me. I still invested, because I believe in the company's motto and mission statement. Is there anything I can do to help the process of receiving my perks? Simply waiting has not been effective.

Emtmark

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6flm
Hi, I have been checking on Republic for an update on the patches and metal emblems being shipped out. I still have not received mine. :disappointed: I honestly can't watch Michael's videos right now while knowing this obligation has not been fulfilled and it's been over a year of waiting so far. The last update we got was Corrie saying they were receiving the shippable perks at the end of July'22 and then nothing since then. I know the money I invested is a drop in the bucket in today's economy, but it was a lot of money to me. I still invested, because I believe in the company's motto and mission statement. Is there anything I can do to help the process of receiving my perks? Simply waiting has not been effective.
I resorted to whining, my children have shown it to be effective and efficient. I finally got my perks this last week. I do not know where others stand or if they got theirs yet. Wish you all the best of luck in getting yours!

LandyR3

Rank VII
Investor

Inventor II

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Peters
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
UHF - Australia
Are you still waiting?
I’ve emailed @DavidL and messaged @Michael and @Corrie but just being Ghosted.

07V84WD

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hoof
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GIY
Service Branch
Navy
Have you tried to email Michael directly? I always get a reply within the week. When my perks were running behind I just shot him an email though this forum and I received a quick response.

Reactions: VanAllen

VanAllen

Rank II
Investor

Contributor II

Ferndale, WA, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
VanAllen
Member #

Have you tried to email Michael directly? I always get a reply within the week. When my perks were running behind I just shot him an email though this forum and I received a quick response.
I have not tried that yet, thank you for the suggestion. I have messaged support and DaveL but I haven’t received any response from either.