First Name
Jason
Last Name
Krauter
Service Branch
Canadian Army
What’s you go two radio? VHF, HAM? CB?
Do you have a HAM license already?

I noticed you are also Canadian. The best set up I have seen for use here is a UHF/VHF Radio. I have the GMRS FREQS programed along with Coastguard and CF SAR.

if you don't have training on radio procedures stick with GMRS to start and get some further comms training.

Enthusiast III

Central Virginia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
CJ8
Service Branch
Army
Do you have a HAM license already?

I noticed you are also Canadian. The best set up I have seen for use here is a UHF/VHF Radio. I have the GMRS FREQS programed along with Coastguard and CF SAR.

if you don't have training on radio procedures stick with GMRS to start and get some further comms training.
*Footnote, I have a uhf/vhf/gmrs/frs unit & am not ham licensed. I don't broadcast at all on ham. But in the USA if there is a true emergency I would be authorised to use it*
I Always have it with me since there are many dead spots for cell in the National Forests I play in. Local Park Rangers are programmed in too. I like to listen to them to get a feel for anything I might should know. The Appalachian trail & Blue Ridge Parkway run through that area.
Finally, I also always drop my grid coords, via Glympse on android, at the edge of reception to my wife..

Too much? I do this mainly because I'm usually alone creeping up in age lol. Seems like I can't pay people to go unplug & have fun with the dog & I