Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Pretty excited for fall break trip. Any additional suggestions to the plan are welcome. Would love to get some trails or forest roads mapped into the drive to avoid highways. Starting in southern Indiana, driving south to Cumberland falls to camp first night, next two nights staying in the Smokey Mountains, then driving length of the blue ridge parkway to Shenandoah to camp a night before heading to New River Gorge to camp before heading back home. Picture is of our camp site for a short trip over Labor Day weekend.

Attachments

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Might want to check out the southern end of the Mid Atlantic BDR.
There’s also a route around the NR Gorge area called Tour De Coalfields. An interwebs search should get you a link to the route. Haven’t done it yet, but it’s on my “want to do list”.

Reactions: Coryho86

Coryho86

Rank V

Advocate III

Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Might want to check out the southern end of the Mid Atlantic BDR.
There’s also a route around the NR Gorge area called Tour De Coalfields. An interwebs search should get you a link to the route. Haven’t done it yet, but it’s on my “want to do list”.
Thanks I’ll definitely look into that!

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Sounds like it will be a fun trip. Look up a campsite in South-West Virginia called "The Scales". Its in the Jefferson National Forest, but it is definitely worth visiting. Its up on a clearing on top of a mountain, there are wild horses and a pit toilet. The AT runs right through the campsite, so there is likely to be other people up there camping as well.

Reactions: Coryho86