Rank III

Enthusiast II

East Aurora, NY, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Wenner
Member #

Hi all. I'm new to Overlanding and have been researching tires. I've heard good things about Falken Wildpeak tires.

I just learned this, this morning and I wanted to get this out there for those who dont know....

While Falken tires are owned by Sumitomo Rubber, they are manufactured in a suburb of Buffalo, NY...USA. They employ well over a 1,000 people and Sumitomo is investing another 90 million into the plant.
For those who care about made in the USA and US jobs... You might want to take a look at Falken tires.

(I dont work there by they way... I just live near Buffalo, I knew dunlop tires were made there....but didnt know about Falkens)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
No complaints about my Wildpeak MTs - they are grabby when they should be. They seem a little noisy (MTs) but they came on a new truck so its hard to say if its the tires or the truck.
@AJW - thanks for posting the made in America info!

A couple weekends back; my truck is up front. No slippage at all. Credit @Ties for the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: TK-421

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Five or six years ago I had a set of 37" ATs on my Ram 3500 Megacab with Cummins diesel, and while performance was good, longevity was not. My truck can eat through tires pretty quickly but I think I barely got 20,000 miles out of the Wildpeak. I get closer to 30,000 out of my BFG ATs.

Reactions: TK-421 and Ubiety

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Five or six years ago I had a set of 37" ATs on my Ram 3500 Megacab with Cummins diesel, and while performance was good, longevity was not. My truck can eat through tires pretty quickly but I think I barely got 20,000 miles out of the Wildpeak. I get closer to 30,000 out of my BFG ATs.
Interesting, the set on the above Silverado has a little over 30K on them. I'll probably need tires toward the end of this year.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I was happy with the ones that came on my Gladiator, I sold them at 15,000 miles and they had 15/32" tread depth remaining.

I would consider them in any case where they make the size I need.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I run the Wildpeak A/T3w on my Canyon in 275/55R20. Love them!20200716_210048279_iOS (Large).jpg

Reactions: Ubiety

jnicks01

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nicks
Ditto on my 07 Z71 Tahoe. I mainly do city driving, but they are great all around tires. Quiet too! I found they have been my best tire purchase for the fairly reasonable cost. I have about 30K or more on them right now and they are only 50% gone with no real lack in grip.

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

I went by my local Pep Boys to price out a set of 35x12.5x17" AT3W's today and for some reason they told me that tire was out of stock and likely discontinued. I find that hard to believe and don't hold much faith in Pep Boys so I'd like your opinions. I going with either Toyo or Falken. The Toyo's are on backorder and I'm not sure about Falkens status.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I went by my local Pep Boys to price out a set of 35x12.5x17" AT3W's today and for some reason they told me that tire was out of stock and likely discontinued. I find that hard to believe and don't hold much faith in Pep Boys so I'd like your opinions. I going with either Toyo or Falken. The Toyo's are on backorder and I'm not sure about Falkens status.
Where all have you looked? I did a quick search though and most places seem to be out of stock of that size and say to call for ETA. That being said I can say those M/Ts are great too!

Reactions: Ed1774

Ed1774

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
O
Member #

Where all have you looked? I did a quick search though and most places seem to be out of stock of that size and say to call for ETA. That being said I can say those M/Ts are great too!
I had checked Pep Boys and Tire Rack. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not going with a M/T tire. I want the all weather performance of the A/T with the 3 peak mountain snowflake rating.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I had checked Pep Boys and Tire Rack. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not going with a M/T tire. I want the all weather performance of the A/T with the 3 peak mountain snowflake rating.
I understand. Yeah if you can find that AT3W they are great and I really do recommend them, but as many things are right now I bet supply struggling to keep up with demand.

Reactions: Ed1774