Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
That facebook page was started 9/13/21, and the linked website has only been live for a few days and offers the products for pennies on the dollar. The webpage also states that each item must be purchased individually, (in bad English,) buyer beware!
Agreed.. smells like scam..

Reactions: ZRex

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
I rolled the dice and took a chance. Placed order on 9/16. Still haven't seen anything yet. Got some email that tried to get me to download some app from China to track the package but I'm not that dum.

Just dum enough to fall for the to good to be true Facebook scam.

Next will be to dance with PayPal for the fraudulent charge.

Reactions: 9Mike2

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

I rolled the dice and took a chance. Placed order on 9/16. Still haven't seen anything yet. Got some email that tried to get me to download some app from China to track the package but I'm not that dum.

Good luck with PayPal, they advertise such great protection, but fought me every step of the way in a similar situation years ago. I ended up eating the cost of the scam and took it as a lesson learned. I always double check website history, BBB, and reviews before sending an order to someone I've never dealt with before.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Yes, I too bit . I did get an Email that wanted me to sign up to tract , but I didn't also, but I got a "Item Shipped" Email. I am hoping all goes well...or lesson learned.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD

Yes, I too bit . I did get an Email that wanted me to sign up to tract , but I didn't also, but I got a "Item Shipped" Email. I am hoping all goes well...or lesson learned.
Let us know if it shows up. I found some tracking thing in the links. Looks like it was shopping from China. When I made the purchase I was under the impression it was shipping from Canada. (Not sure why now). The "tracking" has shown it on the USPS hands for a couple of weeks now. Guessing they figured I see that and just give up hope.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Paypal always sides with the seller so they dont have to refund you, sellers make more money for them than buyers

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Good luck with PayPal, they advertise such great protection, but fought me every step of the way in a similar situation years ago. I ended up eating the cost of the scam and took it as a lesson learned. I always double check website history, BBB, and reviews before sending an order to someone I've never dealt with before.
Me to, on the GOPRO scam. Fought as much as I could but finally did get the $100 credit back. If it's that cheap, it's a ripoff.
Zim

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.