Rank IV

Advocate I

Moha, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Well borrowed a jeep to go pick up my new project on friday. Spent Saturday morning in my bone yard picking through wrecks. Then the rest of the weekend i was wrenching. Pulled the hubs, greased them and replaced one. Then replaced a bad break line and bled the breaks. Greased all the Ujoints. Topped off all the fluids. Cleaned up some electrical. Basically gave it a once over. Made a list of parts i want to add and parts i thought were suspect and should change. Waiting on the tires and paint i ordered and slapped in a 4” lift kit. We’ll see how the new larger rubber looks. Might go to a 6” kit. Next will be some body work and paint when it shows up.

Attachments

Apoclapedia

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Had the 350 on the rack getting new Trail Grapplers mounted yesterday. Turned out they would fit on, but wouldnt clear the front bumper when i turned. So while i was there and they were mounting the rubber. They let me strip the front bumper off. So i got the rubber on and made it home with my bumper in the back. Just the excuse I needed to fab up a new front bumper! The four inch lift i made is working fine, but i want to add one leaf in the front. The new 35”s are great. And ill make a bumper up for it this week. Got all the fluids and filters changed in the last ten days, bought a new tierod to slap in it this weekend too and im swapping out all three ujoints in the front driveshaft and the axle ujoints.

Attachments

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I did not see that coming. I didn’t even know the Windsor was an option in the 350s. Everyone I’ve ever been around was a 460 or 7.3. Learn something new everyday. Still watching to see how this build turns out.

Reactions: Apoclapedia

Apoclapedia

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Smith
Member #

My short box 350 has a 7.3 in it. Its my tugger for hauling. My 5.8 is the crew truck. I oike them both for what they do. Its nice having the small block in the crew truck because i can pull out and easily pass vehicals. But its better on gas than the 460s. Gives it more range.