JBear223

Rank II

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
John
Last Name
Behrens
Hey guys, I have a 2019 F-50, so that means an aluminum bed. Does anyone have experience with mounting anything in the bed, especially a slider for a fridge?
Thanks

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Use twice as many bolts. Use stainless bolts AND nylon plastic washers under the bolt and nut. Rhino line your bed first for extra durability.

Aside from a few weak spots, the Al body is much tougher than the steel one was. I slid off a snow and ice trail into a tree recently. Should have completely destroyed my right quarter panel. Scratches only where flares will cover. And pin striping on my door and badge. No dents, no folds. VERY impressive. Remember GM ragging on Ford's choice of upgrading to aluminum? GM is retarded.

4 years now in the saltbelt. Not a single spot of corrosion.

Last edited:

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Use twice as many bolts. Use stainless bolts AND nylon plastic washers under the bolt and nut. Rhino line your bed first for extra durability.

Aside from a few weak spots, the Al body is much tougher than the steel one was. I slid off a snow and ice trail into a tree recently. Should have completely destroyed my right quarter panel. Scratches only where flares will cover. And pin striping on my door and badge. No dents, no folds. VERY impressive. Remember GM ragging on Ford's choice of upgrading to aluminum? GM is retarded.

4 years now in the saltbelt. Not a single spot of corrosion.
The only complaint I have with the aluminum bodies is finding a shop to do the repairs.
My wife was just recently attacked by a stationary pole at walmart. She tried her best to escape the beast but apparently it was to fast for her and did considerable damage to both driverside doors and the bed. Ford only allows certain shops to work on their vehicles and even minor damage can require entire panels to be replaced. It wasnt really an issue for me cause all it cost was my deductible but it did take longer to repair than normal.
I do agree that the aluminum bodies seem to be holding up great to minor dings. I didnt have a single one over the 4 years of having my Superduty. Until this happened!!

Attachments

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
The only complaint I have with the aluminum bodies is finding a shop to do the repairs.
My wife was just recently attacked by a stationary pole at walmart. She tried her best to escape the beast but apparently it was to fast for her and did considerable damage to both driverside doors and the bed. Ford only allows certain shops to work on their vehicles and even minor damage can require entire panels to be replaced. It wasnt really an issue for me cause all it cost was my deductible but it did take longer to repair than normal.
I do agree that the aluminum bodies seem to be holding up great to minor dings. I didnt have a single one over the 4 years of having my Superduty. Until this happened!!
I hope someone caught that pole and put it down.....

Reactions: TrippinStfflr