F-150 Craigslist Build

• HTML tutorial

Gmanf150

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello All,
I am new to the group and getting very interested in Overlanding / OffRoad camping. I am calling this F-150 Craigslist build because I found the truck on CL, and many of the build pieces are also from CL. A couple of things have come from regular shops and Ebay.
The truck is a 2013 F-150 with a 6.2 (Raptor engine) FX4 with the Max tow package, extended cab. I purchased the truck stock and have since added a Borla Cat back exhaust ie they don't make one for my truck, but I moved the exhaust hanger to a different stock location which is already in the frame rail. Still need to add 2 12" stainless pipes to put on the tailpipe that came with it (purchased on ebay used) Replaced the stock shocks that blew out with Bilstein's (the fronts are not on yet - haven't decided between 1 or 2" front raise up) Added a SB cold air kit and an SCT programmer which is a pretty nice combo (Five Star Tuning). Just over the last weekend added a front brush guard from Westin the HDX . All of the work so far has been done by just me, some easy, and some of it took a bit longer.
I haven't decided yet if I am going to go with a Shell type cap or a pop-up style camper. It's only me and my dog (Ava a Standard Poodle)
I am currently running a set of Michelin 275/65/18 's that I purchased off of CL because I didn't like the 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country's that I had on for a couple of months, no good in snow or slush. (Also purchased on CL)
I haven't decided how big I want to go with tires, but know I want to stay with 18" wheels. (Kind of depends on what I find on CL)
This is my everyday vehicle and sees more road than off-road, but I live in Montana. So off-road can really be out there, but road driving is always long distance.
Pictures are coming soon, and I will keep up-dating.
Feel free to question or comment.
Garry

Reactions: Hank Outdoors