Contributor III

San Diego, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

Hi, All!
I’m in the process of configuring my Bronco Sport Badlands for overlanding…. Since there are next-to-no aftermarket accessories for the vehicle, i’m trying to find someone in the San Diego area that can work with me on interior modifications …

Is anyone in the community aware of a company or individual i can contact to do an extruded aluminum build?

Many thanks for any resources or suggestions! ✌

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Hi, All!
I’m in the process of configuring my Bronco Sport Badlands for overlanding…. Since there are next-to-no aftermarket accessories for the vehicle, i’m trying to find someone in the San Diego area that can work with me on interior modifications …

Is anyone in the community aware of a company or individual i can contact to do an extruded aluminum build?

I may be mistaken, but I thought ARB was offering Bronco add-ons

Reactions: Vangie

Vangie

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

Hi, All!

IL mY be mistaken, but I thought ARB was offering Bronco add-ons
Thanks for responding! ARB add-ons are only for the Bronco—not Bronco Sport…. I’m unable to find molle panels for rear window area or any storage system that allows me to sleep in the Bronco Sport Badlands and have internal storage space…. That’s why I’m trying to find a way to install an extruded aluminum “skeleton “ inside the BSB for use with molle bags…. ✌

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, All!

Welcome to Overland Bound
You might ask this question on the regional page or one of the build pages.
Overland Rigs
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Vangie and Boort

Vangie

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

Hi, All!

Overland Rigs
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Kent, i am grateful for the wealth of information you provided! I’m just beginning to interface with this app/community and am on a learning curve…. The resources you provided will be central to finding the contacts and community-building i need….

With appreciation!✌

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The San Diego meetup is on the map, they might be able to help you with your build question also.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Just so you're aware, 8020 can be cut with most standard woodworking tools. If you have a mitre saw and carbide tipped blade, it cuts just like wood.

Vangie

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

Thanks, Reaver! i was trying to find some assistance , though, because this won't be a basic carpentry-skill build (basic carpentry i can do)...: the configuration of the cargo accessory makes the build more complicated than i think i can successfully pull-off.... ✌☺

Vangie

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

Overland Rigs
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Thank you for the resource chain! Will explore!

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Powertec makes several shapes, sizes and colors in a few lengths options and just like reaver said, totally cuts clean with a miter saw or a hack saw. A touch of sandpaper on the cut ends and you're good to go

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
There's also a piece of software that works like CAD for 8020. I will allow you to design and preview the entire build, and know exactly how long each piece is going to be prior to ordering.

Then, you can even order it pre-cut, then it's just a matter of sliding the t nuts in, and tightening the screws.

When I was planning my storage system, I was originally going to go with 8020, but when I looked at the cost of everything needed, went with wood, as it was MUCH cheaper to build. But, that's me.

You can totally do this!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi, All!

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Vangie

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Vangie
Last Name
Mamalakis
Member #

There's also a piece of software that works like CAD for 8020. I will allow you to design and preview the entire build, and know exactly how long each piece is going to be prior to ordering.

Then, you can even order it pre-cut, then it's just a matter of sliding the t nuts in, and tightening the screws.

When I was planning my storage system, I was originally going to go with 8020, but when I looked at the cost of everything needed, went with wood, as it was MUCH cheaper to build. But, that's me.

You can totally do this!
Thanks so much for the link and the encouragement, Reaver!!! Little bites at a time, i’m researching a combination of a plywood hatch and 8020 molle frame for vertical wall use…. Really appreciate!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
No problem! When I was designing my trailer, wood prices were super high, and was going to be cheaper to build the frame for the box out of 8020. When it came time to actually order materials, prices had changed, and wood was much cheaper, so I went that route.