Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

For all that enjoy night fishing and riding on sand....this is where NY residents can go. today a member brought to my attention that one of the beaches is going to be closed to the public for night fishing. I will inquire why.. or if any one with concrete information regarding the the problem please inform me. Operation Sore Thump is the campaign saving its access. If any one wants to help clean up, or fund raise, get info regarding the issue, comment below..

Last edited:

Matt Cahill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Long Island NY
Member #

For all that enjoy night fishing and riding on dunes..

I highly suggest u EDIT this post and tell people to stay off the dunes. As a frequent driver on this beach i can tell u that you will be fined heavily with points and truck impounded possibly for driving on the dunes here. Be careful what u post please these are my beaches and we don’t take kindly to people thinking it’s and off-road park it’s a fishing beach by somewhere to fly up and down and tear up the dunes

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Thank you for your insight. I also live in the area. Did not mention that Baja racing on the beach is allowed . Iam also a fisherman who prefers to fish at night. Thank you for sharing your point of interest after the affect. I find it hard that you joined a forum to share with people who respect nature And have similar interests .. Thank you for sharing meanwhile members in our community are traveling 6 to 7 hours just to get an adventure. Meanwhile they have it in there back yard...
I highly suggest u EDIT this post and tell people to stay off the dunes. As a frequent driver on this beach i can tell u that you will be fined heavily with points and truck impounded possibly for driving on the dunes here. Be careful what u post please these are my beaches and we don’t take kindly to people thinking it’s and off-road park it’s a fishing beach by somewhere to fly up and down and tear up the dunes
and when did you pay for the beach, my taxes are maintaining this state park..