Europe: UPDATE - Important information for travelers in the Alps region re Gotthard tunnel.

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
In the Gotthard road tunnel in Switzerland, a crack has been discovered in the tunnel ceiling. Therefore, the tunnel remains closed until further notice, as announced by the authorities. The tunnel is one of the most important transport links through the Swiss Alps

The duration of the closure is not yet known. Traffic will be diverted via the Gotthard Pass (not suitable for every vehicle especially trailers) or the San Bernardino route (also there temporary closures are planned for October due to construction work). So plan ahead.

Vetta

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Stuttgart, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
K
Member #

thanks for the info, I will travel through Switzerland on the first October weekend. I'm planning on going the San Bernardino route.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE - the swiss federal roads office (ASTRA) has announced that there will be a decision tomorrow on when the tunnel will be reopened.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
2nd UPDATE - According to information on the website of the responsible authority, the Gotthard Tunnel will be available to traffic again as of Friday evening, September 15, 2023, 20:00 CEST. Safe travels.