Resolved emailing invites in rally point....

• HTML tutorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

HI again
i would like to follow up with this issue as a new thread, but with an extra added issue thrown in for good measure.
@Jim SoG @Kent R I have added you as admin for a new event I have created, as requested.
firstly I have manually added myself and @Luis Merlo as initial invited for the event, and no email invitation has been received as yet. I have gone back in and invited both of you also to see if it works or not. I have also set the radius to the maximum available (100 miles) and that is where my 2nd issue lies.
the radius is nowhere near far enough to be available to invite many members via this option.
instead of a radius option, would it be an option?? to make the software select the 100 closest members to the location instead?? as the invite reach only reaches about 6 members within the 100mi radius to the event. the majority of those possibly attending are atleast 150-200mi from the location.
Look forward to the replies :)
Cheers. Steve.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I would make the first location the center of your population with a note of that. Then the second location and so on are the actual trip.

I have not received it yet so we have an obvious problem that I will send on to Michael to look at.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Def an option I could consider. Thanks Kent. I'm not by any means a pro on this forum yet so thanks for that little hint
can you also edit the RP to add @Michael to the admin. This will help figuring out the email issue

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
When was this RP created? There was a server issue and no emails went out, it just got fixed yesterday......Might need to redo and see if it works now.

Jim

Reactions: Steve_ohhhhh

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

event has again been updated.... it was only added 12 hours ago.
@Michael has been added as event admin.
2nd waypoint added to help with invite generation. total invites that "should" have been sent now up around 65....

( as a side note, i am trying to utilise this as not everyone uses social media. i am trying to reach out through this medium as another way to try and offer inclusion to our community members )...

link to rally point...
Overnighter - Sundown National Park

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
event has again been updated.... it was only added 12 hours ago.
@Michael has been added as event admin.
2nd waypoint added to help with invite generation. total invites that "should" have been sent now up around 65....

( as a side note, i am trying to utilise this as not everyone uses social media. i am trying to reach out through this medium as another way to try and offer inclusion to our community members )...

link to rally point...
Overnighter - Sundown National Park
Sent update to @Michael. Will work on it, got to get this going for sure....

Jim

Reactions: Steve_ohhhhh

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Sent update to @Michael. Will work on it, got to get this going for sure....

Jim
@Steven Jappe
Here is my assessment so far. I went into the RP and generated a new list of invites adding myself to the invite list. I then "updated" the RP, and no invites were sent (at least, I did not get one). I think what may have happened is, the RP was created during the email outage, and the "update" feature does not support re-inviting people.

This is in the hands of our developers, and we are working on the issue. I THINK if you re-create the RP (a new one) and generate an invite list, it will be sent correctly. Otherwise, give us a few days and we will sort this out. Regardless, we are correcting this for future members who may run into the same issue.

M

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Hi

new test rally point generated. selected invites Myself Luis Michael Jim Kent added and generated. Michael Jim Kent admins.
link: rally point queensland test only

also have noticed that Queensland has 2 regions to choose from. not sure if this is an issue.
original event under QLD Australia
test event under OC Queensland Australia.
Capture.JPG

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I got the invite:
0FC52FC4-47A4-4C76-ACA3-E689AC369613.jpeg
D4FDA98E-22F8-4811-891F-5D3D78122E64.jpeg

I also got the email, which looks like this:
61555F21-6B4B-4819-8DE0-6C520D441EAE.jpeg
85C74D94-E5AE-46D9-9B7D-4107763C84E5.jpeg

It seems to be working? Everyone else get it?

Region list = separate issue.
Luis’s e-mail = separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.