Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I have a Bluetti EB55, I have my Overland Pros 54q fridge plugged into it to run it. I have a Merlin 185w solar panel to charge the Bluetti.

The problem I am having is the Bluetti runs the fridge just fine. The Solar panel charges the Bluetti very fast. But if all are pluged in at the same time on a perpetual loop the fridge will not stay cold.

I plugged it all in yesterday and the fridge was at 37/30 for the 2 zones. This morning I checked it before work and the bluetti was at 50%, all was well. THis afternoon after work, the Bluetti was 90% charged, but the fridge was at 72/70 for the 2 zones. On the display for the fridge, it was showing the battery icon at the bottom and it was at 50%, and it was drawing 12.7volts/amps. The bluetti was charging at 125w and the fridge was drawing 33w.

It also seems like the fridge never shuts off ( no idea how old it is, I picked it up used over a year ago).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
If memory serves me, the eb55 is a lifepo4 power station, right?

It almost sounds like there's a no-use timeout mode for the DC ports. This is a pretty common feature where if the battery doesn't see a draw within a certain time frame (for some batteries, it can be as small as 5 minutes), it will turn the ports off. You may want to look to see if you can turn that off. If not, try running it off the AC on the battery and see what happens.

Reactions: Ken M

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Try running the fridge from a different power source (Car 12v plug or AC adapter) for a period and see if stays cold. That may help eliminate on or the other as the issue. The power station should be regulated and provide constant voltage right up to where it runs out of juice, unlike a car battery that will lose voltage as the charge degrades and at some point the fridge will reach its low voltage cut off and shut down.

Most fridges have a setting for the low voltage shut down to prevent killing your vehicle battery and preventing restarting of the car. there are often two or three voltage settings to pick from. again should not be an issue when on a regulated power supply. Could be a refrigerant or compressor issue in the fridge itself.

you can also try plugging in a different load into the power station and keep track of the voltage periodically as the battery empties.

I have been running a drawer fridge off of a Jackery in my Cherokee for several years with the Jackery plugged into the 12v cig plug of the vehicle it charges while driving and the fridge runs of the power station with no issues.

WBE-Eyama

Rank 0

Contributor II

Guangzhou, 广东省中国
First Name
sun
Last Name
jieya
2024 World Battery & Energy Storage Industry Expo (WBE)

2024 World Hydrogen Energy Industry Expo (WHE)

Date:
August 8th-10th, 2024

Venue: 1st and 2nd Floor, Area A, China Import and Export Fair Complex

Address: No.380, Yuejiang Zhong Road, Guangzhou, China

Review of WBE 2023

Organized by Guangzhou Honest Exhibition Co., Ltd, the 8th World Battery & Energy Storage Industry Expo (WBE 2023) was successfully held this August 8th-10th at Area A, China Import and Export Fair Complex, Guangzhou.

Spanning over 100,000 sq.m, the show occupied a total of 8 exhibition halls, setting up 3957 booths, almost double from last year. 1205 exhibiting companies joined the show. The number of battery cells, packs and energy storage solutions exhibitors amounted to 476.

The bustling three days counted 137,500 visits in total, including overseas buyers from over 50 countries and regions, such as the USA, Germany, Korea, France, Japan, UK, Sweden, Belgium, Czech Republic, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Thailand, Brazil, South Africa.

China Battery Industry (Guangzhou) Summit, China Energy Storage Industry Ecology Conference, World Hydrogen Energy & Fuel Cell Industry Conference and the first-ever two-day factory tour program constituted the biggest highlights of WBE 2023.

Preview of WBE 2024

WBE will strive to break its own show size record again in 2024, expecting to occupy a total of 13 exhibition halls, amounting to 165,000 sq.m to bring together an estimated 2000+ premium exhibitors.

Giving overseas buyers a first-hand and in-depth look at China’s leading battery and battery equipment manufacturers, the highly recommended two-day factory tour program will make a grand comeback in 2024. We look forward to the active participation of more overseas visitors!

Live Events & Activities of WBE 2024

2024 China Battery Industry (Guangzhou) Summit

2024 China Energy Storage Industry Ecology Conference

2024 World Hydrogen Energy Industry Conference

2024 Two-Day Factory Tour Program

Exhibitor Profile

All kinds of Batteries, Battery pack & cell, BMS

Energy Storage Products

Battery Charging & Swapping products

Raw Material and Components for all kinds of batteries

Battery manufacturing equipment, testing equipment and instrument

Battery recycling and international logistics

Hydrogen energy and hydrogen energy application area

Booth reservation for WBE 2024 is now open. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Contact us

Guangzhou Honest Exhibition Co., Ltd

Contact person: Eyama

Mobile: +86 13413566118

E-mail:592527266@qq.com

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

I had the same problem with the Bluetti I tried. This year I bought a Lion Energy and learned about the auto off feature. Lion Energy resovled it for me. I would, as stated, make sure frig works on its owm first, then contact bluetti to ask about an auto off feature. Good luck.