Easy on/off tonneau cover for Silverado?

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
When I truck camp I usually have several Action Packers and/or Plano Sportsman storage crates holding all my camping gear sitting in my truck bed. Is there a type of tonneau cover that is easy to temporarily install/remove that will fit my 2019 Silverado? I don't want it permanently installed - would only want to put it on for trips where I want to conceal what is in the bed.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Most soft tonneau covers are held onto rails by velcro. Just take it off when you aren't camping. Mine came off pretty quick and easy. It's a GMC branded one, so, whoever made it

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

For the record I have a 14 GMC Sierra, bought it used some years ago with the tonneau on it. Took me more minutes to remove it. Took a lot longer to put the Leer bed cap on. When I removed the tonneau, I stored it in the basement along with the ridgid mud flaps and the front bumper "chin strap" air dam.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I just put an Oedro tri-fold hard tonneau (amazon) on my new Ram 2500.

It is very well built, was ridiculously inexpensive @400, requires no drilling and removes entirely in seconds. There are a number of review videos on YouTube.

I had a Gladiator with an ARE shell before this. I did not want the weight or expense of a shell this time. I have never had a tonneau cover before and was not wanting a $1k+ commitment to find out if I like them or not. I have used the same brand "oedro" for floor mats and found them to be good quality.There are a number of "brands" selling what appear to be the same unit as the oedro, I have no idea if oedro is the oem or this is just a re-brand.

I'd post pics, but for whatever reason I can no longer do that on this site.

Note: I'm not promoting the oedro brand simply sharing my un-compensated personal experiences.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Thanks. Looks like the Amazon one is $233 . Does it fold to increase access? None of the pics I'm seeing on Amazon show it folded up out of the way. Also there is a pic of a deep rain puddle on one. Do you think yours would shed water?