Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
(Originally posted in my build thread, but I figured a repost here might be useful for the greater community)

I have a SuperFlow air compressor that I carry in the jeep. I love the compressor, it works great, but I swear like 25% of the time it takes to air up my tires is spent screwing on the tiny and awkward-shaped schrader valve adapter. In another thread somewhere around here I was discussing replacing this stupid valve with a quick connect adapter and then a few weeks ago I finally got around to doing just that:

Parts required:
1) Air compressor with less-than-optimal connector
2) (~$12) Standard Bore Lock-On Air Chuck (links at the bottom of this post)
3) (~$4) 1/4" hose repair kit (link at bottom of post)
4) (priceless) 10 minutes of time

first, snip off the useless connection

FIRST make sure you put a hose clamp on the line and THEN shove on a terminator from the repair kit. After the terminator is jammed inside the hose, slide up the hose clamp and tighten it up enough to keep the terminator snug. The terminator will take a bit of elbow grease to get jammed all the way into the hose.

Next you have options since this is now just a regular 3/8" hose threaded adapter. You can slap on a regular air hose quick connect here to make it more versatile, or you can do like I did and just screw the air chuck connection directly onto this end:

All ready to go! I've used it a couple times in the last few weeks and it's made a HUGE difference in how fast and easy I can fill up my tires. I no longer have to fiddle with that annoying screw-on adapter!

Hose repair kit: http://www.homedepot.com/p/HUSKY-1-4-in-Hose-Repair-Kit-5-Piece-41303HOM/205331835
Standard Bore Lock-On Air Chuck: