Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Eastern Wa, Centra Wa, NE Oregon really anybody if you want to make a drive let's get the ball rolling on a meet up. It sounds like there are regular meet ups in the Spokane/CDA and Boise area but let's get something going for us! All ideas are welcome here just wanted to post something to see the interest and use as a springboard to get maybe a monthly thing going.

I guess a good place to start is how far are you guys willing to travel for a meet up? I'm sure overnighters or trial runs would bring people from further away (if we get a meetup going we can plan those...baby steps first) but if we were just getting together for a day to BS, check out rigs, maybe find some entertainment and plan future meets and trips how far would you drive. 1 maybe 2 hours? I'm sure day trip travel would also depend on if we found something to do or were just meeting in a parking lot to BS.

Next off what types of places are you into for a meet up? Coffee shop, pizza joint, brewery, winery, parking lot strip club? .... I don't judge, as long as we're talking off road rigs and outdoor stuff I'd be ok hanging out at the craft store. Throw out some ideas of what sounds good and we can go from there.

When? ASAP!! But really since we're just getting the ball rolling on this and it's the holiday season, maybe end of Jan-mid Feb sometime? Timeline is open as long as there is some interest from you guys and we get a convo going about it.

One meetup idea I had was Moses Lake, it's a pretty equal drive if people were to come from Tri Cities, Yakima, Wenatchee, Spokane a little further for the Walla Walla and NE Oregon folks but doable. Possible location, 10 Pin brewery. 10 Pin is in a bowling alley so meeting earlier in the day there would likely be plenty of parking lot space. Lunch and brews available inside after checking out rigs and bs time. Bowling for those interested or for the wife and kids if they don't want to stand out in the cold and talk shop. After meet and greet there is always the moses lake sand dunes and mud flats for a little play time. Not really overland or trails but for those interested in the soft stuff it's there or could be used as a location for recovery practice and training..... I'm just spit ballin here and that's just an idea but doable if there is interest.

So let's hear where people are at and what type of meet you'd be into. I'm open to anything really and just wanted to see something going in SE WA so I don't have to travel as far if I wanted to attend an OB meet up.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I'm game for a meet up in Moses lake and a trip. There are plenty of places to camp around the area and quite a few places to journey off to. Keep me updated on when and where this shindig kicks off.
Thanks for the input, at the moment this is still just an idea. Trying to get the feelers out there to see who is interested in getting together then we can lock down the when and where, I just threw out Moses Lake because it was somewhat of a central place for SE washington. Being you are from the area do you know of any trails near by other than the dunes? I've been up there a bunch but never really went out exploring the back roads of the area.

• Wow
Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

OverRAM3500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ephrata Avenue Northwest, Soap Lake, Washington 98851, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gehlen
Member #

Thanks for the input, at the moment this is still just an idea. Trying to get the feelers out there to see who is interested in getting together then we can lock down the when and where, I just threw out Moses Lake because it was somewhat of a central place for SE washington. Being you are from the area do you know of any trails near by other than the dunes? I've been up there a bunch but never really went out exploring the back roads of the area.
I know quite a few trails around here and a dozen or so areas to host large groups of people for camping. There are a lot of places in the area. The WABDR trail runs just across the river too.

Last edited:
  • Wow

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I know quite a few trails around here and a dozen or so areas to host large groups of people for camping. There are a lot of places in the area. The WABDR trail runs just across the river too.
Good to know, that area might work well for some early spring stuff. Depending on the snow pack it can start getting into early summer before I can make it into some of the places I like to go in the mtns. so I've been wanting to explore that area more.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I am Intrested in this too.
I'll keep posting here as we get more ideas and start to come up with a plan for something in the area. So far it sounds like there is some interest in a Mose Lake area get together so hopefully we can get something locked down here soon... guess that means i should get off my ass and get the WJ back together and finish projects before i start tearing into the next one.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

For anyone interested there is a meet up @ Porter's BBQ in Kennewick this weekend (1-4). RP has been made and another thread started with some details and link to the RP. I'm sure we will cover some trip planning ideas and the prospect of a Moses Lake area run. I will report back to this thread with any news or ideas next week for anyone not able to make the Kennewick meet up.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The Porters Meetup was a huge success, I am excited to see what we can get rolling in the next few months.

How is the weather in ML during spring break for a weekend camp out?

OverRAM3500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ephrata Avenue Northwest, Soap Lake, Washington 98851, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gehlen
Member #

The Porters Meetup was a huge success, I am excited to see what we can get rolling in the next few months.

How is the weather in ML during spring break for a weekend camp out?
It varies. It's either Sunny and warm or Sunny and extremely cold. But usually always sunny.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I am up for a trip. My truck should be back in a week, i hope. I will be leaving state for work the last week of this month. So,....thinking there is a window to fit a trip into. I am cool with Moses Lake. Never been....