Investor

Traveler III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Lots of places to dispersed camp along 4N12 as well as in Eagle meadows. Anyone interested could parley this trail run into a weekend of camping. If there is Interest there is also the Niagara Rim trail in Eagle meadow about 45 min drive from Trail of the Gargoyles - Back down 4N12 to Hwy 108 and North on 108 8 mile to Eagle Meadows road 5N01. I ran Niagara Rim last year and it was a lot of fun. Made it through with my stock Tacoma TRD Off-Road with sliders for protection. I know a few other places to explore in the area as well.

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

I lived in Pinecrest and am well familiar with this area. I'm planning a longer trip here on Eagle Meadows road and beyond, and would appreciate any reconnaissance/ excellent on sights, trails and dispersed camping. I have been to Eagle Meadows in 40 years.

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
I am fairly new to overlanding with a couple a weekend trips and one 4 day trip. I have a stock 4runner ORP with a 1-2" lift and 32" Falcon AT3W's and from bay area so its 3 hr drive for me to get to the first meetup location. I am interested in this weekend dispersed camping trip very much. Let me know if its doable and if you would like me to join.

Last edited:

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

You can totally join the trip. The Niagara Rim Trail has a few technical rocky sections that I would not recommend without at least sliders. There are some alternate forest roads that connect to the trail after the most difficult obstacles so you could skip them and meet up with the group on the trail after those. I have not run Eagle Peak but the videos I have seen look pretty tame, so you should be fine on that trail run. Do you have a radio, GMRS or HAM? On the attached map you could start at Blue #1 and take 5N09 to 5N87 and connect to the trail with the group at the Blue #2 and continue on the trail following the blue arrows. From the red #1 to blue #3 along the route marked by the red arrows there are a few obstacles that present the risk of body damage without armor.
1656446179655.png

Here are some recent YouTube videos of Niagara Rim and an old one of Eagle peak:
Niagara Rim

Eagle Peak

Reactions: SashaLee and alka

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
Yes I have a HAM radio and got the license recently as well.
Thanks for the info and appreciate trying to accommodating me in the trip, very helpful.
I will join you guys in that case,

Last edited:
Reactions: SashaLee

SashaLee

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
Looks so fun. I'm headed out that way but not leaving Ca until the 23rd, sorry to miss the run. Do you have any gpx files to share? I have to be back in Ca on the 30th but no plans yet on where to explore this time.

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Looks so fun. I'm headed out that way but not leaving Ca until the 23rd, sorry to miss the run. Do you have any gpx files to share? I have to be back in Ca on the 30th but no plans yet on where to explore this time.
Didn't make the attached GPX files but grabbed them here:

You will want sliders and skids from the trailhead to Lion's But. From there on the trail has some rocky spots but nothing a stock 4x4 can't do.

Alltrails has the Eagle Peak OHV here:

Attachments

GX470er

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mauricio
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

Fun day trip up to the end of Eagle Peak 4x4 trail. Here are some pictures. August 2022.

Attachments