Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I rarely ever check the support request thread here on the forums, but would love to help out others who may be nearby and need some help. My question is whether or not the app displays those support notifications. If not, could it be made to do so? Ideally I'd like to be able to select part of the map near me and receive notifications for anyone inside that area.
Cheers!
-M@

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
When a member creates a support alert for assistance the app autoimaticly sends out a message to the closest 50 members. What I am working on is a way to filter the alert so that members in a region can get it if they opt in. FYI, this is on my list but other app upgrades have more priority.

Our mod team monitors the support alert page to make sure the alert has been sent out. One issue we have is people put a request on the page and not create an actual alert. This is also on my list to make easier.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
FYI, this is on my list but other app upgrades have more priority.
Thanks, Kent. FWIW I'm also a software developer. I've done a very little bit of mobile app dev, but most of my experience is in backend databases, app/web servers, messaging, networking, etc.

Please let me know if there's any way I could help even if its just beta testing new features or whatever you need help with.
-M@

Reactions: Michael and Kent R

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
FYI, this is on my list but other app upgrades have more priority.
Thanks, Kent. FWIW I'm also a software developer. I've done a very little bit of mobile app dev, but most of my experience is in backend databases, app/web servers, messaging, networking, etc.

Please let me know if there's any way I could help even if its just beta testing new features or whatever you need help with.
-M@
Thank you! There are a few chunky things for us to complete.
- Desktop planning
- Custom gpx trail colors
- Apple CarPlay & Android

Just to name a few.

We’re working on getting that done, but more resources than we have at the moment. Thanks for your involvement!