Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Looking to purchase a suspension to level my truck in the next month or two and considering both the Dobinson IMS and Ironman Foam Cell Pro setups. Wondering if anyone has experience with either suspensions and companies here? Any input would be appreciate.

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

How do you compare the FCP to the Dobinson IMS? I’ve really been leaning towards the IMS but would love to hear any real world experience with both systems. I have been trying to get specs on the travel of the FCP shocks for the tundra but the online customer support at Ironman never responded.

13XSPX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brunswick, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

How do you compare the FCP to the Dobinson IMS? I’ve really been leaning towards the IMS but would love to hear any real world experience with both systems. I have been trying to get specs on the travel of the FCP shocks for the tundra but the online customer support at Ironman never responded.
IMO the Ironman is a better option due to build quality and completeness of the kit. It's also a better value when you start adding all the parts up. Both are quite similar though. I run the Foam Cell Stage 2 Pro and love it. The wife and kids are happy in it as a daily driver and on the trails it is so smooth!

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

I’ll just be running the shocks/coilovers for either system. I just want to level out my truck a bit to fit 33s. I’ll most likely have some rear leaf springs made later down the road to keep the back at the same height but improve performance.

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Anyway you can provide specs on the FCP kit for the tundra (valving, shock length, travel, etc)?

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

I was just about to pull the trigger on IMS but got these for about the same price...couldn’t pass it up.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
We haven;t run both so unable to compare, however have Dobinson's on our Montero and it's been perfect. We had OME on our LC80 and it was fine too.