Do I belong here?

• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

Pahrump, Nevada, United States
First Name
Savannah
Last Name
Rucker
Hey everyone. I have a 4x4 Super c that I use to boondock, and am going full time mid-July. I don't technically overland in the RV but I do wild camp and will be flat towing my Jeep for off-road adventures. Considering I don't overland like y'all do, and I don't want to be "that person" who pushes their way into a group, I'm not sure if I belong in this community. Please let me know your thoughts.

The photo is of the 4x4 rig.

Attachments

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
Yes ;)
There is no official accepted definition of "overlanding". Some pretentious folks may try to push that their personal definition is The Law, or some definition posted on a forum like this holds some sort of Statuary weight... it isn't and it doesn't. It's just car camping, or 4 wheeling to a tent setup, or RVing around to a camping spot, or maybe in Australia or South Africa might be long distance moto travel in remote areas, or any of 10 other "definitions" I've seen on internet.
If you're partaking of the outdoors, and you get some value from chatting with folks about camping, off roading, or any subject that is in a subforum here, then welcome ;)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. I have a 4x4 Super c that I use to boondock, and am going full time mid-July. I don't technically overland in the RV but I do wild camp and will be flat towing my Jeep for off-road adventures. Considering I don't overland like y'all do, and I don't want to be "that person" who pushes their way into a group, I'm not sure if I belong in this community. Please let me know your thoughts.

The photo is of the 4x4 rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound
A great contact in Las Vegas is Local Expert @mwilson920 and in Pahrump a great contact it @Waltzing Matilda JT
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a local group that gets together that can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Waltzing Matilda JT