DIY LifeSaver with Scepter 20L - Camp Sink/Faucet w/Filter

• HTML tutorial

Captain Scuzzy

Rank II

Enthusiast II

My DIY LifeSaver Jerry Can. Much cheaper and rechargeable

It works great and now can easily refill from the lakes and streams. Washing hands or dishes etc is much easier now too with the simple electric pump.

1x Scepter 20l Can - Amazon.com: Scepter 5 Gallon True Military BPA Free Water Container, Food Grade Water Jug for Camping and Emergency Storage, Plastic Sand : Sports & Outdoors $50
1x Water Pump Adapter w/hose - firecrateusa.com - $16
1x Water pump - Amazon.com: Water Bottle Pump, Water Bottle Dispenser 5 Gallon USB Charging Automatic Drinking Water Pump Portable Electric Water Dispenser Water Bottle Switch : Tools & Home Improvement - $9
1x Sawyer Mini Water Filter - Amazon.com: Sawyer Products SP128 Mini Water Filtration System, Single, Blue : Tools & Home Improvement - $20

all in $95 (At time of purchase, pricing on amazon varies)

I ended up using the pump adapter because just forcing the pump into the spout hole wasn't sturdy enough and it would pop out on its own. Adapter was cheap and now I don't have any issues and the hose it came with made it easier to push onto the sawyer filter

Attachments

Captain Scuzzy

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Captain Scuzzy

Rank II

Enthusiast II

That looks like a great set up. What kind of flow rate do you get with the filter inline?
I tested it with and without the filter and the pump doesnt seem to struggle with the filter at all as it was about the same amount of flow. These pumps are similar to a home fridge water dispenser in terms of flow for reference.

Lazynorse

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Olsen
I bought a $15 amazon pump, too for my Screptres. Tip from a YT vid, carve out the little plastic ‘rails’ inside the circular interior of the pump. Now, it presses over the smaller Sceptre spout without squeezing off. No need for extra adapter piece.

Reactions: NMNomad